Making the move from ClioSport.net

I've been a member of ClioSport for a while, but am making the move to discuss more relevant 197' related stuff on here :smile:

What's everyone's views on the rear black lights? I bought the car with them and personally like them, but a few people object. FYI they are legal and will pass an MOT as it did only 2 week's ago :smile:

Tailpipes have since been removed from these photo's as they are a little old also.

How do I become a "paid" member on here also btw?

http://tinypic.com/r/2zqrh4m/7

Interior trims painted in black pearl as you'll see :smile: air vents and steering wheel insert to be done too.

:bounce1:

Not keen on the lights myself but as long as you do that's all that maters

Paid membership just use the user cp drop down box

welcome, seen this on cs.net u got a bit of stick from them lot for the lights but tbh thats the difference between cs and 197.net, everyone here is alot for civilized. i think there ok tbh ive got a black r27 and im very tempted to get the black led rear lights

welcome, seen this on cs.net u got a bit of stick from them lot for the lights but tbh thats the difference between cs and 197.net, everyone here is alot for civilized. i think there ok tbh ive got a black r27 and im very tempted to get the black led rear lights
Thanks dude, yeah.. I found everyone to be quite pissy and childish on there. Plus the fact it's popularized by 182 and 172 owners.. I'd like to be able to talk to a 197 owner once in a while :smile:

How do you think the interior trims are coming along?

the trim looks alright the only thing that stops me doing mine black is the fact that the radio stands out as being an odd grey colour. cs.net dont seem to like clios unless they are all the standard sheep mods. its what u think that matters and i would cave to critism and change a thing just cos they make negative comments

the trim looks alright the only thing that stops me doing mine black is the fact that the radio stands out as being an odd grey colour. cs.net dont seem to like clios unless they are all the standard sheep mods. its what u think that matters and i would cave to critism and change a thing just cos they make negative comments
Well said dude, Yeah the radio does stand out a little bit, I'm replacing it with an Alpine soon anyway I hope, so that'll even it out.

Yeah, it can get a bit annoying, any little MOD and someones always got something to say about it. I appreciate constructive criticism more than downright rudeness.

looks good with black rear lights :thumbup:

as for passing the mot.....should have a "red reflector" clearly visiable or at least reflect back red....

Not keen on the lights myself but as long as you do that's all that maters

Paid membership just use the user cp drop down box

looks good with black rear lights :thumbup:

as for passing the mot.....should have a "red reflector" clearly visiable or at least reflect back red....

It does mate the picture was my attempt at being arty with effects and hid the reflectors :tongueout:

Finally, someone who likes them though. Thanks buddy :smile:

:welcome: to the site!

Not a big fan of the lights, but if you like them, then other peoples opinions matter not :wink:

Love the ring sticker too :smile:

As for the whole CS thing, each site has their own little niches, CS is a huge site now - some like it busy, some don't! We are smaller and obviously aimed at one part of the Cliosport spectrum - the 197 & 200 :smile:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site matey,

Iv always had mixed opinions on the smoked rear lights but I do think they look pritty cool, as some1 said gives it a stealth look :smile:

Welcome from another newbie!

I think they look nice, but are they not a little 'out of fashion' A bit like lexus rear clusters etc?

I respect you for asking for opinions, like others have said, your car is your freedom of expression and you should go with whatever you want!! :smile: