Making a complaint to Renault UK

I've had an ongoing complaint with renault UK customer services over the last month which they have finally closed today. Their conclusion is ridiculous and I refuse to accept it.

I believe I was talking to customer services manager (Sophie lewrie) which means I can't speak to customer services to complain about the service I had from her!

Does anyone have contact details for someone high up in Renault UK? Or, alternatively would trading standards be the next people to contact?

Last edited:
As soon as I posted my complaint on the RS forum, the NEXT DAY, the complaint was solved...and this had been dragging on for MONTHS.

They DO NOT like looking bad on the RS forums, so I guess you might have luck posting on there :smile:

Put it in the Ownership Experience section, thats where it WILL get notice :smile:

Jeremy is head of products really but I have dealt with him before and he seems the most helpful/active member of RUK over on RS.

He was looking for a lost Gordini Twingo only a few days ago!

Yeah RS forum should be the ticket, jeremy is a nice fella I spoke to him at a renaultsport day a while back. I thought he was head of P.R at RUK but I could be remembering wrong.

Good luck :smile:

Have spoken to Jeremy and he said that if I've been told it's wear and tear by customer services then there's nothing he can do as that is Renault's response.

I said I would seek advice from trading standards and he suggested contacting the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders. I will do that next but I was a little surprised there wasn't more effort from Renault to fix this problem. It's almost like they want me to make a complain to an external company!

Having done some more research I noticed that renault's terms and conditions for manufacturers warranty clearly state that normal wear and tear is excluded from the warranty. I keep telling them that this is obviously not wear and tear but they cannot accept this!

For people's interest, this is the problem I have with the carpet:

DSC00179Custom.gif
DSC00177Custom.gif

I think it's madness that they suggest this is normal wear and tear on a car with 23k miles and less than 3 years old!

I think I now have an email address for the MD of Renault UK so I will be emailing him. I'm fortunate enough to work as a Development Engineer working on the durability of some products that are supplied to renault, I know what their quality requirements are and I know this carpet is not acceptable. I will email him from my work email address in hope it adds a little more force to my complaint.

Last edited:
Best of luck Ben.

I'm surprised Jeremy wasn't of more assistance really.