200: LY paint

NONE OF THEM LOOK OUT?

You need to reflect the same background to get the same shade.

look at the image bellow and it shows the 2 green arrows reflecting the same object, yet the 3/4 panel and the bumper due to the difference in angles reflect different objects so look different shades

2zqezb6.jpg

Well i did try to say....

However i have offered a deal on james car that includes a full bumper spray as it has 1 chip on it

S

I should've elaborated... I didn't say the paint is matched wrong, but in that pic it looked out like ops pic. You've hit the nail on the head though mp

as Steve mentioned, its due to the different substrates... IE one is plastic, one is metal, which with certain colours can create a differnt look or shade.

unless of course the panel has been resprayed. I havent been in the Automotive Paint Industry game for a few years now, but I would guess that LY is a 3 stage colour, so a base layer, a more pearlescant layer then the clear coat. So how it is sprayed can yield different results.

one last thing is if a paint mix is created poorly by the paint company, it can be metermeric, which basically changes under certain artificial light.

but anywho........

NONE OF THEM LOOK OUT?

You need to reflect the same background to get the same shade.

look at the image bellow and it shows the 2 green arrows reflecting the same object, yet the 3/4 panel and the bumper due to the difference in angles reflect different objects so look different shades

2zqezb6.jpg

Defo right all the photos through this thread paint work is fine LY is a crazy colour and seem to change and look different in all aspect of light etc that's the beauty of the colour :smile:

For those that don't match though it isn't just a renault or LY thing though, ALL manufactures suffer plastic colour miss match.

On the Clio & meg MK2 in LY and AG, PW on the clio the plastics were painted at the same time as the car its self.

Under the MK3 meg, Twingo & new MK4 clio it is not the case and the paint process and paint mix (code) has changed.

Steve has been as honist as possible and iam very pleased with the agreement we have come to so hopfully i will be the proud owner of it soon