200: LY paint

i went today and looked at a lovely 200 in LY but there was only one draw back the rear bumper was a very slightly different shade, i know its plastic and the body is metal so it will be a tad different, was just wondering is anybody else a very very slight different shade,

May be a stupid question but, it wasn't the light was it? Or could you see a distinct difference between the bumper and rear quarter/boot lid?

I think they're all slightly off if you get them in the right light. Or wrong light as the case may be. Ford's nutjob green or whatever the name is is a similar paint and they've had all manner of problems matching panel to panel, let alone metal to plastic on the Focus RS. Did you ask them if it's had any paint work carried out?

I think they're all slightly off if you get them in the right light. Or wrong light as the case may be. Ford's nutjob green or whatever the name is is a similar paint and they've had all manner of problems matching panel to panel, let alone metal to plastic on the Focus RS. Did you ask them if it's had any paint work carried out?

Heh heh heh.

I wasn't aware there was a problem with those

Yeah they're shocking for it mate, if you see one out and about then have a look at it.

I've heard of a few being sent back to have it sorted and then coming back out even worse hahaha!!!

Yeah never been pragned

Yeah they're shocking for it mate, if you see one out and about then have a look at it.

I've heard of a few being sent back to have it sorted and then coming back out even worse hahaha!!!

Oh dear. I'd be very upset lol.

I'll bare that in mind for the future (I want an asbo RS)

I wouldn't be happy with that jimpy

All mine that was sprayed in the factory matches. The spoiler is slightly more green but after the hassle Maz had with her cup spoiler I wasn't going to cause a fuss!!

Liquid yellow looks different across bumper & rear quarter - especially in flat light.

Because one is plastic is made of plastic & one isnt

Another LY on PH rear quarter
http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-we...t-clio-renaultsport-vvt-f1-team-S317846-5.jpg

Slightly off- actually looks a mile off-

& the other R27
-

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-we...-clio/renault-renaultsport-clio-S292817-9.jpg

If you note the rear always looks darker.-

In the flat light it looks different - where as in the shade in the pic you have linked to there is no difference.

I wouldn't be happy with that jimpy

All mine that was sprayed in the factory matches. The spoiler is slightly more green but after the hassle Maz had with her cup spoiler I wasn't going to cause a fuss!!

so its a perfect matching car that isnt a perfect matching car.

Different materials reflect the sunlight in a different way.especially LY

Proof of the pudding-

Marshall your rear bumper V quarter looks a mile out in this pic-

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8514/8482973862_9490196abd.jpg

S

Last edited:
I looked at 3 LY's before I brought mine for the exact same reason, one I viewed was a strange light shade of LY down both sides of the car. I just couldn't believe that it would have had both sides painted but it had as it had been keyed which you could still see under the 'new' paint looked awful. Started to think it was me but then I saw the 1 I brought which was spot on which I could tell as soon as I saw it. I guess don't have it if your not happy with it.