lowered performance with new cat back?

Just to add -- given that you say you have lost the 'pull' since the new manifold - there is always a chance of something like a blocked cat or something similar which would restrict performance (and also be pretty unlucky).

See what the outcome of the ramp investigation is and take it from there. It may be as others have suggested you get it on a rolling road to confirm rough power output OR compare with another 197 - have you driven / been passenger in any others?

Not driven another and don't know anyone with one. He's checking it's guts for problems right now. He agreed it's running slow and his 182 is quicker he says

Explains why the manifold flexi's were removed then, they put one between the cats. Actually done properly I think thats a better solution than Renaults as flexi's all eventually wear, so putting it in a more excessible place makes sense. Anyway... it all looks a bit like it's been done by stevie wonder, assuming you're manifold is fine and fitted correctly, frankly I'd just put a new cat back system on (scorpion, ktec, akrapovic - chose to suit your budget). Also take it to a decent exhaust shop to be fitted as there is not a lot of pipe left after the 2nd lambda, probably it'll likely need a bit of fab to make that cat to system join nice and secure.

So to sum up are you saying it's a crap job basically? They're on about removing this one and putting another on. I can't afford paying out for a new part. These guys are supposedly Renault mechanics. Rarrrrrgghhhhhh

What put another manifold on? Do they have lots of them or something lol, usually they are not very common items to get ahold of.

It might not be the manifold that is the problem, it could be that bodge job behind it, as pointed out, the weld and incorrectly placed flexi.

You shouldn't be paying out for a new part if there job has caused you issues. If I were you, id ask them too sort out that mess in-between the cats, then see how it is after. Make sure you look at it when its on the ramp when they've finished, it should look like what Montana linked on the last page.

So to sum up are you saying it's a crap job basically? They're on about removing this one and putting another on. I can't afford paying out for a new part. These guys are supposedly Renault mechanics. Rarrrrrgghhhhhh

The only time you go to Renault is if they give you something for free or just for servicing, more often or not though, they don't even do that correctly. You need to look after these cars yourself. Renaults after care is questionable at times.

Thank you. They don't have a lot in no but they think the manager ordered one but he's been away back on Monday. They put the flexi on. Previously there wasn't any.

And yes if replace it, im not paying out. It's their fault. It's gotta be down to the work they did as prior to manifold ran like a dream. Which by the way I repeated a million times like a reyt whiney woman; -)

If you paid for a direct replacement 197 manifold, and it came without flexis, thats not right, hence why they bodged one in. Make sure they fit a genuine/fully working order one.

They actually sent me photos of how it should look with the two flexis on it and actually it doesn't look like the photo! I'm ringing the manager Monday and telling him all this. I want it right.

sorry to hear this shell..well i know its easy to say that they should put it right,if they messed it up in the 1st place,but the reality is different...hope you get it sorted..not a lot i can ad to this...it should look different for sure...

They've likely sent me away after the work on Friday thinking she's a woman sod it. I've gone in today, spent an hour and a half talking about it. They know now I want it sorting and that I've been chatting to guys in the know. Woman scorned! !!;-)