Lost the Clio yesterday :(

Nice one mate, had a good poke around one on the VXR stand at BTCC Oulton Park.

Very good spec' from standard and looking at the figures it must move well too. You happy with it?

Unbelievably happy mate grips so well especially for a big heavy car, doesn't give me the confidence the Clio does when giving it hell but am sure that will come with time and it's has a really nice cabin and great on the motorway, mpg is also better than the Clio and as you can imagine I haven't Been taking it easy

Glad to hear it!!! Yeah I must admit I was very impressed with the interior. :smile:

A normal GTC parked up next to my MPS and made it look tiny! Does look nice in the pictures, but when I see them on the road I'm not as keen.

Make sure you do drive one noddie you won't be disappointed, but it won't make you feel as much as a pro as the Clio does, I don't think il ever find a car that gives me such a feeling of confidence when I thrash it as the little beast did

Well the car is on year old now and it's been a great year, love the car but still haven't been able to find Tue cars limitations and never will on public roads, running wise it's cost me no more than the Clio other than the difference in price in tyres but not looking forward ti the day it needs new discs and pads, that's going to be expensive, anyone considering one I'd say go for it, does a lot of things very well, a good alternative to the meg 265

Iv only driven a non cup 250 andI wasn't overly impressed with it, though my 200 was a better better drivers car but the cup pack on the meg adds a diff and stiffer suspension so I would imagine it would make it a completely different beast altogether, I mean all the journalists don't go on about as being the best hot hatch for no reason, the vxr is a great car and defiantly don't the vxr image sway your judgment on these things as it's a different beast to its predecessor, from what I can gather from the journalists comparing the 2 the vxr is a massive improvement but still just loses out to the 265 for driving feel, and depending on track it will beat a meg or come closes so it's a well set up car, if you can get a test drive take one just to see what it's got to offer, how you finding your meg? Best combo as well imo (black cup wheels with the gray)

Yeh they are great Cars just preferred the Vxr over it but in truth non if the current crop of hot hatches are bad cars

The new Astra is one hell of a beast with one hell of a price tag! Fantastic car though, I bet you're gonna have a lot of fun.