Looking East Mids

Just saying hello...

Starting to look around for a new car and have always liked the sporty Renaults. Ive just sold a 7 type kit car that was used as a toy and occasional track day tool, now need something a bit more practical to use as a daily driver and still be capable of going on a track 2 or 3 times a year.

Dont know a lot about Clio's so thought this was a good place to start.

Looking to spend between 5k and 7k so probably a 197, I would like cup chassis and Recaros for the track use. Im probably going to be doing 15k to 20k per year so would like low mileage to start, yeah I know about fuel consumption but the company I work for pays a generous fuel allowance for business miles!

Is it worth paying the extra for cup and recaros?

Would it be worth me putting a bit more cash into it and getting a 200?

I live south of Nottingham so if anybody knows of anything of interest in the midlands let me know.

Cheers

Hi welcome to the site having had both cars I'd go for a FF200 Cup with Recaros Good luck with your search

Last edited:
Welcome, 200 with cup pack and Recaros would be a good option. I'd say go for the 200 purely because you may still get some manufacturer warranty plus the gearbox is better.

If your company fuel allowance is anything less than 40p per mile then you may find that you have to dip your hand in your pocket.

Thanks for the welcomes:thumbsup:

'40p per mile' works out at 15 to the gallon, I realise they are thirsty but Id expect to get more like 25 with normal everyday driving?