Lift off oversteer

Does anyone else suffer from this, it's happend a few times now is this a characteristic of these cars or am I just driving it abit hard into corners, it's pretty cool but never seems to happen when I'm expecting it, iv checked my rear brakes hot and cold and there not sticking at all

Pretty normal, done it once or twice in my old one, i lowered and fiitted wider wheel on mine which then went into understeer. Plenty of tread on the back tyres? Mine used to do it on greasy roads

So you're driving hard into a bend then lifting off mid corner and NOT expecting it to oversteer? Simple physics I'm afraid! I wouldn't drive a 205 Gti if I were you :tongueout:

Does anyone else suffer from this, it's happend a few times now is this a characteristic of these cars or am I just driving it abit hard into corners, it's pretty cool but never seems to happen when I'm expecting it, iv checked my rear brakes hot and cold and there not sticking at all

yes sounds all normal - the rear can be very "alive" and does come in to play if you lift off...

It happend once I'm my mk3 golf gti, it ended the cars life and the lamp posts that kindly stoped it too, then again I was 18 driving like a c**t in the wet lol :smiley:

All valid points mentioned here. Lowering the rear tyre pressures will help a little too as I found out down through Craner Curves at Donington Park on Friday.

Road or track?

No offence but on road IMO any oversteer is a signal to slow down. Perhaps get it on track before you or someone else become a statistic.

You simply can't explore the handling of these cars on road safely.

Reactions: Salvi139
Have to say there's no point in having a hot hatch if you put budget tyres on. Your massively decreasing the performance and good chance of killing yourself if you push it.

Lift off oversteer is mainly caused by the driver, if you don't want it either don't lift off or if you're needing to lift off it's telling you that you're going in to hot