Left front Crashing

Hi,

Left front crashes over undulations / pot holes and is making a general banging noise over anything other than smooth tarmac.

No noticeable change in how the car handles / diving, etc... so doubt it is a shock? I'm thinking a spring has gone?

If it were to be a spring gone, where is the best place to pick a pair up for a 200 full fat cup?

Cheers,

Chris

Get the front up in the air and inspect the springs, balljoints, anti roll bars and track rod ends for movement. Shocks are harder to test , but you can check the bounce when on the ground. Springs are expensive at around 90-100 per corner from Renault.

I had similar, spent ages checking every componant. Only found it a year later to be a totally failed top mount. Only found it as I was changing the springs

I had similar, spent ages checking every componant. Only found it a year later to be a totally failed top mount. Only found it as I was changing the springs

I have the same symptoms. Also when under spring load you can here it vibrating through the shell as the bearing must have gone. good job I'm getting solid topmounts soon! :smiley:

Is the trouble with diagnosing suspension over the internet! Could be a fair few things, good thing about them is once up in the air, its easier to tell! Get it to your garage.

If it were me and a spring had gone, id be looking at aftermarket as they are cheaper...