Leather upgrade

No issues at all, same condition as when I got them 2 x years ago.

I guess I care and look after them which has helped.

they look really good mate,have the bolsters lost any shape though,leather is obviously a lot tougher material than cloth but its the sponge inside that caves in more than anything,the cloth seems to wear through as its touching the seat rail after the sponge has died...

i get in and out of my car without touching the bolsters after having them replaced,saves money now its out of warrenty

they look really good mate,have the bolsters lost any shape though,leather is obviously a lot tougher material than cloth but its the sponge inside that caves in more than anything,the cloth seems to wear through as its touching the seat rail after the sponge has died...

i get in and out of my car without touching the bolsters after having them replaced,saves money now its out of warrenty

Na mate, I know what you mean seen plenty of damaged photos of the cloth versions. The bolsters have held up great. Looks as good as the day I got them, welcome to pop round and have a look any time, shot me a PM!

Now I've seen the Edge stuff and more importantly the price its a real toss up. Could be worth the trip. I've a mate that lives in Derby that's not a million miles away too.

Would look epic with red stitching on the edges in my ultra red car. Decisions, decisions.

Plus Edge can do you HEATED Recaro's if you want...

I think the leather recaros in this topic were originally chappo's, might be worth seeing where he got hold of them. If I remember correctly they weren't in his car from the factory.

I've also seen photos of the recaros in red leather (optional from Renault) which looked great in a white car. Not sure how it would look in an ultra red car

I think the leather recaros in this topic were originally chappo's, might be worth seeing where he got hold of them. If I remember correctly they weren't in his car from the factory.

The original leather seats in this thread is the official Renault leather (the quilted effect covers). It is a dealer fit option with the covers costing £1,300 plus fitting (that's full price, i'd be expecting a discount) and that's providing you already have the Recaros.

i should really delete all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just so WANT!

I'm currently think of reasons NOT to do it. £600 for the front two seats from Edge is a billy bargain (or a bit more if you want custom stitching). I can see me booking the Clio in for some time in March for a leather and alcantara re-trim. Rugby is a long drive from Belfast but it could be worth it.

Last edited:
I've been putting money away for a full retrim from edge all year it was a toss up between the retrim or a akrapovic but the retrim topped it for me :smile: I'm going to be calling up edge in march once I've got the rest of the funds :smile:

I've been putting money away for a full retrim from edge all year it was a toss up between the retrim or a akrapovic but the retrim topped it for me :smile: I'm going to be calling up edge in march once I've got the rest of the funds :smile:

Half leather/alcrantra, with yellow stitch? I had mine done with red stitch, go with the grey alcrantra rather than black, i think it matches the black leather better and looks more oem.

7268549230_36876a86e6_z.jpg

These are my seats, yes I know dreadful photo. I am told by others that these are an Edge retrim, but I have no paperwork to confirm.
They are black leather with black alcantara and albi blue stiching.

I'm sure sedge posted up that the price has increased a touch due to materials going up in price.

And yeah, Edges retrims are superb.

I'm sure sedge posted up that the price has increased a touch due to materials going up in price.

And yeah, Edges retrims are superb.

Just checked there. Now up to the still quite reasonable £650 for the fronts.