Leather upgrade

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
Im seriously thinking of buying the leather upgrade for my Recaros from Renault as soon as I get my cup racer speedlines on to the 200 (expensive I know but you only live once) but can't for the life of me find any pictures or reviews/comments on the leather. If anybody has pictures please post here and help me make my mind up.

Thanks.

i prefer the trimming edge automotive do mate and i'm sure they'll be much cheaper

Paddy's location kinda puts that out of bounds.

Have you had a look locally though to see if there's anyone that does retrims? Edge does a WHOLE CAR for like £1200 in leather.. where as leather recaro's will probably cost you double that!

Its £1,300 from Renault (plus fitting). I've looked at Edge and would be very very tempted if I were closer but it would cost me close to £350 if not more to get there and back plus I'd have to stay somewhere for a few days.

Its £1,300 from Renault (plus fitting). I've looked at Edge and would be very very tempted if I were closer but it would cost me close to £350 if not more to get there and back plus I'd have to stay somewhere for a few days.

The upside to that is that you could sell your current seats to offset against the new ones?

Is that right? Or do the re-cover yours?

As said above, the Edge Automotive Recaros retrim is much better than the Renault option. So much so that I'd say make a weekend of the trip down with you being from NI.

The upside to that is that you could sell your current seats to offset against the new ones?

Is that right? Or do the re-cover yours?

You re-cover your seats. Its a complete kit from Renault inc rear seats, head rests etc. If I could find a pic I would post it up here but that's part of the issue. I cant find any pics. The Renault leather for the Recaros looks great.

Just noticed the price of the full re-trim from Edge. A drive over might be on the cards.

However these (in admittedly very poor photos) are the covers I'm talking about.

media.gif

media-1.gif

I'm looking better photos of this and any reviews.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

Could be wrong but a couple have had issues with them and I can't see that many having them to have issues with.

Not a fan myself. The edge stuff looks so much better. Especially the leather/alcantara mix. Get some coloured stitching thrown in as well...

Not a fan myself. The edge stuff looks so much better. Especially the leather/alcantara mix. Get some coloured stitching thrown in as well...

Now I've seen the Edge stuff and more importantly the price its a real toss up. Could be worth the trip. I've a mate that lives in Derby that's not a million miles away too.

Would look epic with red stitching on the edges in my ultra red car. Decisions, decisions.

I have these in my 197 - I had standard (non-recaro) seats previously and took the plunge.

I love the seats! Make the inside look alot more special in my opinion.

Miles better wearing too compared to cloth recaro's (bolsters especially) had no faults or issues with them what so ever.

cliosnow4.jpg

cliosnow5.jpg

21n0eph.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

I have these in my 197 - I had standard (non-recaro) seats previously and took the plunge.

I love the seats! Make the inside look alot more special in my opinion.

Miles better wearing too compared to cloth recaro's (bolsters especially) had no faults or issues with them what so ever.

cliosnow4.jpg

cliosnow5.jpg

21n0eph.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

These look very nice:thumbup1:when you say you took the plunge what was the cost and who from?might take the plunge myself.

I wouldnt mind a retrim, is it possible to just get the covers and are they simple to fit yourself does anyone know? Edge is quite far to travel so if he could just post the covers that would be epic.

They look great Jam91. You have any issues with wear on the bolsters or anything?

Jam said this: "Miles better wearing too compared to cloth recaro's (bolsters especially) had no faultsor issueswith them what so ever."

No issues at all, same condition as when I got them 2 x years ago.

I guess I care and look after them which has helped.