Leak - Possibly A/C related? Help!

Hi Guys,

Noticed today when I went to pull away there was a small pool of water under the car.

When I looked underneath the car, water was intermittently running from under the car. It was coming from too far back to be the engine (further back then the front wheel) somewhere near the firewall on the drivers side.

This only happens when the air-con is running, as soon as I turn it off it stops straight away.

The water doesn't smell of anything and isn't greasy, also the coolant is full to the MAX mark since its last service so doesn't seem to be coming from the engine coolant system. (besides it seems too far back for that).

Does anyone have any clues as to what it might be, or what is located back there? I've not had chance to jack up the car until the weekend so any advice before I set to it would be MUCH appreciated. :smile:

TIA.
Rob :smile:

I thought that might be the case at first, well after I thought it was just trapped water from where it had been pissing it down lol.

There was a good bit though, enough to form a puddle and then trickle down the road. It was also intermittent, so it would stop for say 5-10secs then leak in a steady stream for 2seconds then stop again. How much water would you expect to come from the condenser?

To me it seemed a little like a faulty or weak seal that lets out the water only under pressure? Obviously this is all guess work though.

not sure on a clio but mercs used to leave a good foot pool in humid conditions with the air con on for 10 minutes or so.