Le Mans 24H

Anyone on hre gonna give it a watch? I've never really been in to endurance racing, but think I might give it a watch. I've love watching some of the quali sessions this week on Eurosport while I've been trapped in a hotel in Wales...

Coverage starts in about 30mins on Eurosport. Gonna go out now and pick up a pizza, some cider and some vodka :smile:

A sad day in Motorsport with the deaths of Allan Simonsen at Le Mans and also Wolf Silvester who died at the Nurburgring during a VLN race. Both died doing what they loved.

Let's hope Aston finish strong in GT Pro to commemorate Allan!

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the racing, even the Mrs was interested (despite us watching HOURS of it).

It's really made me want to go next year.

Such sad news about Allan Simonsen though, it didn't really look like such a big shunt at the time and its a massive loss to the sport. It's a shame Aston couldn't get the win in the GT class but and least Tom Kristensen got the overall win for Audi. It was really emotional watching him up on the podium.

Terrible news on the death of Simonson.
Put a cloud over the race in general.

Agreed about the podium celebrations, was a very low key affair.

The Aston Martin team were stood a few feet away from me and I imagine his family were there too as there were a couple of women there with them in tears. Very sad to see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372090986012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372090986012.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372091003174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372091003174.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15
An old school mate went with a convoy of replica cars of the police and things (he has a white c63 of which he made it look like the F1 safety car) and it looked insane. But bad for him as he got done doing 130mph on the track lol €750 fine and banned from France lmao

not long woken up, shattered after the weekend.

Awesome weekend, I will be back in a couple of years.

Going to Arnage as the light faded and sitting in the pit straight at 4 in the morning had to be my highlights. Everybody MUST experience Le Mans at least once in their life!

I saw the white amg too, looked good. Was the first year I went and thought it was an amazing experience.

I was actually in turvey's garage, my best mate works for jota been there a few times.

Similar Thread Suggestions