Launch Control help...!

ChrisF1

Paid Member
OK, so I followed the official instructions of stop the car, into sport/race mode (i put the gear lever to 'manual' also as i went into race mode), left foot fully on the brake, pull both paddles towards me (LAUNCH CONTROL comes onto the display), foot fully on the throttle aaaaand....nothing happens. Revs rise maybe a couple of mm but its not like the videos where the revs rise and hold, the exhaust popping away etc. Am I missing a step or some detail, or is there something wrong with my launch control?! I feel a bit daft having to ask as it should be easy, but I can't get it to work! Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

If it makes any difference it's a brand new model with the different gear lever, improved paddle throw etc.

You need to fully depress the accelerator pedal, it's easy not to do properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll give it another go and concentrate on that...I thought I had though, I pressed it as far as the 'click' for the cruise control disconnect or whatever.

I know you've pretty much tried this, but maybe not pushed the throttle fully down to the floor. So, hopefully if you follow these steps, it should work:

Park up, select sport or race (better in sport due to traction control ), left foot on brake, take handbrake off, put it in manual mode(I don't think this is necessary though), pull both levers, should say, "launch control active", keep the brake pressed on with your left foot, floor the throttle, it'll then hold the revs at 2500 ish, release your left foot off the brake = big smile time!

Similar Thread Suggestions