Launch control

Has anyone had launch control fitted to there car ? Omex do a kit for around 100 quid and was wondering if it's worth it

Don't really see the point of it to be honest unless you're doing some serious sprints.

Literally no use at all for it on the road or on a proper track...

I'm not sure the Clio really needs it anyway! Theyre hardly the most powerful cars out there are they?! Bit of practice will get you launching better.

I think on M3s, do 4 launches (its stored in the ecu) and your warranty is invalid. Says it all really I think.

Mental,... I find that hard to swallow. The M3 is a performance car that should be more than capable of doing more than 4 launches.

I'm sure if you challenged that you would win. just because something is written into a contract it doesn't mean its legally enforceable.

There's a lot more than the M3 that store it on the system. :wink:

Nissan GTR (pre facelift) could only cope with a couple of launches before the clutch caved in.

The only system I know of that is completely covered under warranty is the McLaren system. Their drivetrains are made of granite. :thumbsup:

But... Lamborghini on the other hand. Well, they don't like you to drive up inclines and they're not too confident of clutch longevitiy if you do a lot of hillstarts.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions