Labour estimation required - brake discs/pads/pins

Recently had Brembo replacement discs, ferrodo DS2500 pads fitted to my '09 200.

The retaining pins were also 'cleaned and straightened' as all four were seized...

How long should it take a garage to do this? Does three hours labour seem a bit excessive?

Fronts only?

If they were really seized it may take me that long... Usually takes me an hour to strip and clean the calipers if they're not. Add another hour to change the discs and get the wheels back on.

if things went well, an hour would cover it imo.
on an invoice, id be disappointed if they were charging more than 2 hours even if they had a pig of a job to get the pins out.

Fronts only?

If they were really seized it may take me that long... Usually takes me an hour to strip and clean the calipers if they're not. Add another hour to change the discs and get the wheels back on.

Mechanic did say he had great trouble with the pins

LOL- this part is not Renault, but Brembo!

Renault, in my opinion should source tried and tested parts that are not liable to such failure. Such as Recaro seats, clearly did not review the quality of materials used by Recaro. That's my thoughts on the matter of cars using external manufacturers of components anyway...

Im not so sure it is Brembos fault tbh. Why do all the other calipers they produce use a pin and r clip system but on the Renaults use these silly pins...

Charged 2hrs labour to complete my brake overhaul/replacement. Front and rear £50 :smile:

I'd say this is about right for front and rear pad and disk change. Add another hour if you have problems with the front pins or are replacing the brake fluid.

My rear disks and pads were done in an hour.

i changed mine for some stainless steel pins with a r clip and have been fine. think Renault used cheese for there pins cause there rubbish