KTR Induction kit VS ITG Maxogen

It may have well been posted before, in which case I am useless with the search function. However I'm going to post it anyway as this is the dilemma I have at the minute.

I'm currently torn between these two, been speaking to smoggy mark who can sort me out for a great price on an ITG Maxogen, obviously anybody who knows this kit knows its an enclosed unit with a feed directly into the box, apparently meant to be better on the clio's due to heatsoak etc.

Now, I have also been looking at the KTR Induction kits and I'm not so sure how they get the gains they do, from what I can see (apart from a heat shield) its still an open cone. Surely even with the heatshield it still suffers with heatsoak?

Has anyone (long shot I know) had both of these fitted at some point and could compare? Or people with respective systems I would be massively grateful if you would post up your views. I've looked at the individual threads about the two seperate ones but never really compared the two, E.G. fitment (as I will be fitting myself)

Thanks in advance :smile:

I had the Maxogen on my 197 and thought it was a very nice piece of kit. They sound superb but now you have a Scorpion exhaust you probably wont hear it lol. If I was to buy a 197/200 again I would buy the Maxogen just for the noise lol

I had the Maxogen on my 197 and thought it was a very nice piece of kit. They sound superb but now you have a Scorpion exhaust you probably wont hear it lol. If I was to buy a 197/200 again I would buy the Maxogen just for the noise lol

Ha cheers mate, probably should have mentioned I've already got a k&n 57i on which I desperately want to get rid of as I know they make you lose power, hopefully once this is all on and I get dyno'ed again I'll be above the 190bhp I ran last time!

Did you fit the ITG?

id get the maxogen purely for the sound i should of took you out in mine the other day, or ill show you at usc if i see you

id get the maxogen purely for the sound i should of took you out in mine the other day, or ill show you at usc if i see you

Worth it just for the sound? KTR works out a little bit cheaper but only by about 20 or 30 quid in the end, where did you route your feed from mate?

Yeah sounds good, especially if you have your sport cat fitted too, I rang up about mine this morning just waiting for them to get back to me

So is no one going for the KTR??? Coz I'm about to get that fitted. I'll go for the maxogen instead if anyone can do a comparison

My KTR came today, after alot of deliberating I finally bit the bullet and bought one - mainly for some much needed noise. Hopefully get it fitted this wkd and give some feedback. Hope it sounds as nice as everyones been saying :smile:

Let me know on the KTR kit. I would really like one just for some much needed noise and don't like the style of the ITG.....

Well, fitted it today and wow...it's certainly made a difference on the noise side. Gains, I couldn't possibly say - didn't feel any quicker/slower tbh but might need a while to settle in anyway and for the ecu to adjust. Unfortunately, when I was fitting it I managed to break the clip that attaches it to the heatshield so just tie-wrapped to it atm but emailed k-tec and hopefully get a replacement. When your driving normally, you can't tell that it's on at all really which is good (yet to test at 70mph though) but once you put your foot down for full throttle, it really opens up and produces that sound which is missing from these cars! Overall, I am happy and glad I took the plunge, just for the noise alone. Hope it helps...

Hi guys I'm new to the group and am hoping to fit a ITG maxogen kit does anyone no where I can find the the caps to fit over the the vacuum line like these two pics below, cheers in advance

image.jpg