Knocking noise....help!

My 2008 197 has developed a knocking/creaking noise coming from the front passenger side wheel similar to the noise my old fiesta made when the suspension bushes needed replacing. It's more noticable at slow speed over bumpy/rough road services. It's had the track rod end, lower ball joint and top mounts replaced recently which has improved the steering feel but the noise still persists.

What else do you think it could be??

Thanks in advance

The noise has been investigated on a ramp whilst having a service with play spotted in the track rod end and lower ball joint on the passenger side. Both replaced and although the steering feels a lot tighter and better now the noise is still there. I had the top mounts replaced as reading on here its a common issue with the same symptoms and they were quite cheap but that hasnt worked either. Before throwing more money at it I thought i'd see what people suggest on here. It passed its MOT in April with no issues. No movement can be felt through the steering wheel

Just confused now

Hello from lancing :smiley:
do you have poly bushs? They can start to squeek. Other wise I'd be looking at the lower arm bushes or maybe springs/ spring mounts

I developed a knock fro my front suspension on my 'Ring trip. Took my local Renault garage a few days to find what it was. Turned out the front nearside shock absorber had failed internally and was knocking (no obvious external problem). I had the exact same symptoms as you. Both were replaced under warranty.

is the noise there when turning the steering ?
Or just normal driving?
Lower swivel joint can creak when failing

is the noise there when turning the steering ?
Or just normal driving?
Lower swivel joint can creak when failing

Define the 'lower swivel joint' mate? You mean the bottom ball joint on the wishbone? Mine creaks from the front when turning you can hear it at low speeds. Not had chance to have a look yet though.

No noise when turning the wheel, just going straight. Can't hear it at higher speed just when going 30mph or so or slower over a bumpy road.

Have have this exact same issue. Not a clue what it is, but like you say mine also passed an MOT a few months back no issue.

Define the 'lower swivel joint' mate? You mean the bottom ball joint on the wishbone? Mine creaks from the front when turning you can hear it at low speeds. Not had chance to have a look yet though.

No not the wishbone ball joint.
In the upright it has 2 joints, 1 upper 1 lower, and the lower one is a common problem.

have a look in this section theres dozens of threads/post about it and with pictures!