Clunking/ knocking noise up front help!

Hi guys, I know this sort of thing has been asked many times here but basically I brought my 197 at the start of this month and it's got 15 months warranty.. But after taking it back complaining of this noise they claim they can't find anything that it could be at all, and basically gave me the car back still making the noise..

it it seems when it first get in the car and reverse and turn the wheel there's a knock, and steering in general when doing a manoeuvre it's noticeable, if i go over a bump you can hear it too, and sometimes just pulling off, or slight acceleration you can hear it, and also braking sometimes..

it it sounds like its somewhere in the front so linked it to steering and suspension but other than that im clueless..
Would apreciate if anyone could give me some ideas as to what it could be

thanks!!

My car was in 4 times to the Renault dealer I bought it off with a knocking coming from the front left before they eventually diagnosed a knackered shocker,knocking noise now gone.

I have a knocking noise in mine, get it mostly going over speed bumps or rough road. Near side front shock is leaking.

As [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] can confirm Renault had my car for a few days looking for a knocking from the suspension. Turned out I'd broke a front shock somehow. Sometimes they're not easy to find.

Top mounts. You can't really diagnose it until you remove them.

agreed, I had the same problem with the knocking noise, and it was the top mounts that were at fault. So check the top mounts first, before you check anything else.

agreed, I had the same problem with the knocking noise, and it was the top mounts that were at fault. So check the top mounts first, before you check anything else.

How can you check the top mounts without removing them? I have noticed a slight noise from my front left side recently too, only had the car two weeks! It's not really noticeable other than at low speeds over crappy road surfaces, and it's not really noticeable on smoother roads. I thought it may be a drop link as per some other threads but I had a look today when the car was up on a ramp having new tyres fitted and the guys couldn't find any play in it. Although would you find play in the drop link with the suspension at full droop? Need to check the exhaust isn't knocking on something but it really sounds like it's from the suspension more than anything else - tedious.