Keyless Entry 197 (NOT WORKING)

I was wondering if someone could please help me, I am just about to buy my self a Renault Clio Sport 197 but the keycard is not working properly.

1) Saying keycard not recognized when trying to start with key in pocket
2) Will not lock when you press the button on the handle
3) Will not open the door from the sensors
4) Having the card in your pocket to start the car (only worked when inserted in to the slot)

Only locks when pressing keycard and same for opening

Can anyone please help??

Should do depends how long the batteries have been dead
Does it start when the card is in the slot???

Thanks for you help... was trying to send an image off my PC i have saved to show you as well... how do you send this!! Sorry!!

Thank you for you help, just one more thing there is a slight bit of oil coming from this part of the engine as attached and I’ve noticed this on the 4 cars i have looked at is this a common fault and is it just a rubber seal that need replacing?

Attachments

• F1-engine-625x416.jpg
    F1-engine-625x416.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 121
That's normal mate a bit of sealant around the bolt will sort it.. if your just about to buy the car get the dealer to fix it (if its a dealer selling it)

i beleive your keycard is knackard, ive had the same problem with mine, changed the battery, and was still the same, used my spare key and not had the problem since. all low batteries in card would do is cause the buttons not to work all the time. are the buttons on the card working? these would be the first to go before the rest you have listed.

oil near the spark plugs might just have been spilt, the fill point is right next to it.

and if the card is knackered just get the dealer to get it fixed.

I think the batteries have died on them..... when I left I was unable to lock the doors with the card as well, it only worked when in the slot to start the car.

Keycard fault or ECU?

Hi

Another question again, well third time lucky!!

I have two keys - main & spare. Both always worked and usually use the main key.

Car was at Renault dealer for some work and gave them the main. Collected car last night after hours with spare key and door locked unlocked ok etc. Went to work this Am and all well. spare locked car at work etc.

At lunchtime went to collect my main key from dealer and spare key would not unlock. Had to get in via passenger door manual lock and car would not start as keycard not detected. So placed car in the slot and after a couple of secs started fine and i can remove the card etc and all works ok. Just wont lock and unlock.

Got to dealer and bought a new battery and collected my main key. My main key also stopped working.

Chances of two know working keys failing at the same time is slim and wandering if there is a reset/sync and local dealer want to charge 1 hr diag and if required keys or programing. http://www.clio197.net/forum/images/smilies/new/angry.gif

heeellllppp pplllleeeaaasssee

Very strange for both not to work are you in AA RAC call them out see if they say anything

had the fix for this today - Disconnected battery for 5 mins.

Make sure you have yr windows closed when u do this.

after reconnecting it ECU should start scanning radio waves again and work - mine did :smile:

make sure you press the close windows button down for 5 -10 seconds even if you have the windows closed - if you have the one touch open close option on yr buttons doing this will avoid window opening an inch at a time ( something to do with ecu knowing window position)

mine was both cards stopped working at the same time and had new batteries in them.

Hope that works for you.