Clio 197 keyless entry playing up?

My keyless entry has been playing up lately, the car takes several attempts to detect my hand on the handles and sometimes won't let me in at all! Haven't changed the batteries yet but did try my spare key card and that's doing the same thing.

Any ideas?

Mine used to be very temperamental, would work sometimes and not others.

Best advice i can give which sorted mine out, change the batteries. Also when jet washing the car put some tape over the sensor and handle button.

Since doing this it hasn't played up at all.

I never jet wash mine but it has been worse since all this rain and frost. Its both sides of the car though so maybe just a coincidence that both key batteries have gone dead at the same time. Will get them changed and see if that solves it.

The batteries am probably dead in the spare key too. Try changing batteries it ms the cheaper option.

I hope it's not the handles, they're not cheap to replace so I hear.

wont be handles as you only use them to lock the car...if its the optical sensor then they are a few £££ £100 i think - had to do one on mine!!!!

always go for cheapest easiest fix first ie batteries :thumbup1:

Cheap and easy fix for you there. Would have been too much of a coincidence if they both started playing up at the same time.