Keeping up?!?

172, 182 and 197 nothing in them at all, remember the 197 is a big old car.

Just because the 197 has 25HP more than a 172 does not make it faster as a lot of you know.

Also it’s a lot to with the driver more than the car, if I am the right mind set I will hammer it around corners allot faster than I normally would.

Little tip is never drive to someone else’s pace if you are not comfortable, as that’s when it ends in tears.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it tbh, but if the power is really down then get the car into renault or someone like RS tuning to have a look at it. I used to have a 197 but now my 182 feels faster but that's probably because of the weight advantage and the size of the 182. Haven't been up against any other car yet.

Find someone close by and swap cars and then see what it's like then, if ur car is still slow find out what's wrong. My 197 had faulty injectors!

At Snett my 197 was quicker than all the 172's and 182's on the straight and the corners. Mine , R Tec Chiped with full Janspeed .Panel filter.

Had a 172 in my 200, but it was on a uphill stretch I presume I have a little extra torque which helped me there?

I don't care about the other clio's anyway, we're one big happy family...I like upsetting Type R's (the last shape not the new space ship shape which is slower that the last shape). Have done it twice now has anyone else noticed we can out accelerate the type R's and almost definately outhandle them too? :smile: Might not be what it says on the book but trust me it works. I was 2+ with a boot full of luggage and still upset one with the driver on his own.

Well my main wingman, earpl, has a Phase 1 172, stripped out, with a 182 engine with induction and a catback system. Easily falling in at less than a ton with fluids and driver i would guess?

Mines a FF200 with a K&N panel filter, full interior and added weight with a spare rim.

In a straight line from the off, his car is ballistic, and my 200 struggles to catch, if anything upto 80 he will pull 2-3 car lengths, then after that im neither gaining or nor loosing as the 200 seems to easily benefit better gearing and with an extra cog for the top end.

However the 200 is far superior in the corners with the huge improvements in brake and suspension technology. Through the twistys i can happily sit right behind him, and trust me earpl is a fearless ******* and im a bit of a wimp :smiley:

Not suprising at over 182 bhp per tonne on what youve described and think ours balance out at about 160 per tonne? There's 300+ BHP cars out there not as quick as ours and as we all know it just comes down to power to weight (and not to forget gear ratio's!) :smile: