Just had the best race ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just had the best race ever, on my way back from the gym on their private grounds,

2 cars involved my 56 plate black clio 197, piper full exhaust+ de cat, just had full service meant to be 197 bhp must of lost a few over the years.

against

the new polo gti 178bhp.

My god that polo is quick i lost. not sure on seconds etc but i was about 1 vw polo behind him. had 3 races in total and about the same results for all.

the way that thing changes gear is lighting quick got like 7 speeds turbo and super charged wow wee. I'm still buzzing after it. but a little disappointed my clio lost.

not a fan of the whole public roads thing, but those polos and seats with dsg are the fastest things outta the packet at the minute! cracking straight line speed and an auto box to die for

sorry mate but 197! haha,you'll be lucky to get between 175-180bhp from a standard 197 so u haven't done bad,i thought the same when i got mine but its fact and i'm pretty sure i'll be backed up,as for the twisties,simply untouchable!

Ye i know what you mean, would like 2 see whats the actual bhp on a rolling road 1 day was thinking of taking it to a place called tour de force 1 day because the de cat sounds fit as **** but does cause a few problems at low revs.

Thank you, i should really post a lot more on this forum as i live on here reading everyone else's posts. i would uploads pics of my own 197 but its just a standard 1 with few standards mods so i don't really see the need, atm I'm currenly wet sanding my clio to remove the orange peel so was going to upload my first pics then.

Thanks martin.

I promise you guys it was private land a business park called blythe valley Solihull and for the title I only said it was my best race ever becuase it's my first proper race with 2 cars with close bhp's etc etx

I live 2 minutes from Blythe valley business park. It's got strict 10mph speed limits and cameras all over the place i think mitie patrol it too. That's not private land to race cars on.

I had a play against a 210bhp seat bocanegra same 1.4 supercharged and turbo charged engine and was ever so slightly gaining and easily stuck with him through a round about.

Also a starlet running 220bhp-ish he couldnt grip off a round about so I stayed a long side upto 70 :wink:

Best race I've ever had was fcs 11 starting near back, easily passing GTi180's saxos 106's 172/1*2's until Paul from RST and my mates Leon spoilt the fun and overtook me :worried:

sorry mate but 197! haha,you'll be lucky to get between 175-180bhp from a standard 197 so u haven't done bad,i thought the same when i got mine but its fact and i'm pretty sure i'll be backed up,as for the twisties,simply untouchable!

Not all 197 are that bad, I had last week a blast against a Corsa OPC (you call it VXR (?) in UK) with full exhaust.
We had a few runs, second gear/third gear start till 6 gear.
Always side by side.

Same with an ITR few months ago...
And those 1,4 VAGs are very lame.
Also Polo GTI Cup from a friend (stock 180bhp)
Tested my 197 also against my old 106 GTI (exhaust, cams,...) and it was faster.

But anyway, maybe these cars are in front of you....................till the first corner :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.