Just been pulled by a police carrier van.

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Being an idiot I was going too fast round the ring road in Wolverhampton and as I shot over the lights I clocked a personel carrier. Looked in the mirror and the lights got turned on. I thought it was game over. Tried turning right to lose them, but they follwed me and pulled me over.

To be fair to them, they were very decent, about 6 officers got out and started looking round the car whilst one had a word with the fiance and one checked the ar out on pnc. Obviously completely cosha, so they all bunggled back in the van and went on their way.

I am very lucky not to get 3 points and a fine. I have learnt my lesson and won't be doing it again.

I know everybody says this probably, but I don't usually drive like a dick, and I honestly mean that. I might go round roundabouts a bit quicker than normal cars do, but I generally don't speed, especially not in inappropriate places and nor would I recommend anyone else does so!

Last edited:
Lucky escape Arran!

Like you say you have to drive very carefully these days - you never know where a camera van is going to be lurking.

In circumstances such as that and if you co-operate and are sound with the police they normally just let you off with a warning.

It's normally if your arsey they throw the book at you

Lucky escape mate!!! Weekend evenings are prime time to get pulled if you're on main roads. :smile:

Ye, I just didn't act like a dick and just told him the truth about everything. Mega embarrainsing tbh. My mate how was in his Punto behind me didn't get pulled cause he went a different way. He is even more lucky. Jammy sod.

Probably what they were thinking until they saw the missus on the passenger seat. She didn't give me too much greif either, I was expecting to get it in the neck from her more! Lol! I need something like an Alfa 159 SportWaggon to keep myself going slow. Been out in the 406 today and it is so nice to drive. Not because it's fast or handles well, the steering is very vague and the brakes aren't the best. But it is so comfy and I just plod along in it slower than everyone else with my arm on the armrest! Lol! Came home very relaxed.

you were lucky..I've just been given 3 points (or the opportunity to do a speedy course) for doing 34 in a 30 by Addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge....I am completely shocked..anyone who know that road will know it's bleeding impossible to get above a crawl, let alone do 30, (or 34!) ..so how that happened I will never know.. :worried:

Fair play to you for just getting "the chat" !!!

If it was a personel carrier they wont do you for motoring offences they drive round mainly for back up/public order/people fighting and it is also very hard for them to prove that your broke the law unless they have seen u go through a red light etc but speeding is very hard to prosecute with no video evidence. If it was a traffic cop instead then you would have had the book thrown at you.

But like some ppl have said if your sweet with the cops then there sweet with you, just dont be an arse and dont lie haha!

Lucky escape tho it could have been alot worse

Tried turning right to lose them, but they follwed me and pulled me over.

i like the thought process running through your head at this exact moment in time, i'm in 197 they're in a van, in the style and words of Michel Cain the Italian Job "put your foot down, put your foot down, you'll lose them easy"

Ye, got stuck behind a silver Rover 400 who was virtually going backwards, otherwise I'd have dusted! Screw you Rover drivers. And whilst we're on, Nissan Micra drivers too! Lol!

Similar Thread Suggestions