Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

Sure thing, point your 'friend' in this direction :wink:

It is pretty sturdy and seems well made to be fair. I think it should stand up well to rigorous and sustained pumping...

Known quality make those buddy.

Good purchase !

*And a little bargain perhaps with the 'extra's'. My "friend" is very happy with your find :smile:

Looks very similar to mine just a different brand! Word or warning your arm will be dead after first time using it! :tearsofjoy:

Works really well though, just a struggle at first to find the right concentration to use.

You going to go for snow foam or citrus pre-wash?

I had a feeling it was you that had one Dale, but I couldn't remember :smile: I do remember the shower test, so I did the same with mine :grinning:

Well Shuv recommended the Citrus pre-wash so I'll be going with that. Tempted to try the free Snow Foam sample, but not sure whether it will be PH neutral or not :grimacing:

Reactions: Dystant
Known quality make those buddy.

Good purchase !

*And a little bargain perhaps with the 'extra's'. My "friend" is very happy with your find :smile:

That's all the approval I need :smile:

As above, not sure how good the Power Maxed stuff is, not heard much about it to be fair...

I had a feeling it was you that had one Dale, but I couldn't remember :smile: I do remember the shower test, so I did the same with mine :grinning:

Well Shuv recommended the Citrus pre-wash so I'll be going with that. Tempted to try the free Snow Foam sample, but not sure whether it will be PH neutral or not :grimacing:

Yeah the shower test was me :tearsofjoy:

You can always just use the snow foam on your alloys and let it do it's magic whilst you clean the rest of the car.

Think I'll be doing the same though and opting for a citrus pre-wash! Just need to find the time to wash the car, she's not been washed for 3 weeks now :shocked:

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah the shower test was me :tearsofjoy:

You can always just use the snow foam on your alloys and let it do it's magic whilst you clean the rest of the car.

Think I'll be doing the same though and opting for a citrus pre-wash! Just need to find the time to wash the car, she's not been washed for 3 weeks now :shocked:

Exactly.

If unsure on the products - use them on wheels, under the arches, to clean salt from underneath etc etc.

Dont risk on paint if you've got some quality wax, sealant etc on there......your risking stripping that off.

Reactions: Dystant and Jimmy
After having a chat with @sevenfourate regarding best ways to clean under the arches, and also from seeing the good results and positive feedback others have had with snow foam and pre-wash all over the car, I decided to invest in a pump sprayer/foamer from ebay.

I don't have access to a hosepipe, so this seemed like a good method of being able to use the SF/PW.

image1%203.jpg

This particular one came with three 'Power Maxed' sampler bottles, as per the photo. I personally have never heard of this stuff before, save for seeing it on the BTCC cars last season or one before. Anyone used it/have opinions??

Have you tried this yet @Jimmy ?

Have you tried this yet @Jimmy ?

Not yet Shuv - I'm waiting on delivery of the VP Citrus pre-wash, and also some better weather. It's been sleeting and snowing all weekend so really not committed enough to clean in that sort of weather :grinning:

I've tested it in the shower and it 'works' well - albeit that was just with water, but it does give off a nice foamy spray. I'm looking forward to giving it a try on the car. Also, noob question, but I'm assuming you apply the pre-wash straight onto the car as is - i.e. no need to hose it down first?? I think I know the answer, but best to check... :flushed:

I've just used it on my family estate with a pump sprayer @Jimmy and it's ok lifts grime off should make car washing easier etc.. I sprayed it straight on dry car??

I then found a lance reservoir for my karcher pressure washer and stuck a bit in that. Holy snow foam!
It was quite a bit better as you would expect. Jet washed it all off 4-5 minutes later and I'd say 90% of the car was clean.

My conclusion would be that for a quick wash when car is not massively dirty then I'll use pump sprayer. If any of my cars/van got filthy and I could be arsed to get the pressure washer out then I'd be using the lance reservoir.

I've just used it on my family estate with a pump sprayer @Jimmy and it's ok lifts grime off should make car washing easier etc.. I sprayed it straight on dry car??

I then found a lance reservoir for my karcher pressure washer and stuck a bit in that. Holy snow foam!
It was quite a bit better as you would expect. Jet washed it all off 4-5 minutes later and I'd say 90% of the car was clean.

My conclusion would be that for a quick wash when car is not massively dirty then I'll use pump sprayer. If any of my cars/van got filthy and I could be arsed to get the pressure washer out then I'd be using the lance reservoir.

Thanks for the feedback Ben, much appreciated. One of the big reasons for getting the pump sprayer is that I have no access to a hose/pressure washer - aside from the buy-time jet wash at the filling station, which I'm reluctant to use... So this seems like a fair option and will enable me to use the pre-wash/snow foam to my heart's content :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
A battery type sprayer is a good option, slightly more power at 1.8 bar should help loosen most road grime but caution with mud etc.

Well after months and months of procrastination and endless promises that it would get done....the WHEEL REFURB has happened!

I got all four done at Metal Magic in Barnsley and they've done a superb job. The wheels were in a pretty ropey state and the difference now is incredible. I wanted to keep them OEM, so a gloss Anthracite finish. MM even removed and resprayed the centre caps to keep everything matching - top service, I 100% recommend them if you're in the Yorkshire region.

The photo doesn't really do them justice and you'll have to excuse the rusty bolts, I haven't refitted the covers yet...

IMG_2595.jpg

So I'm now going to invest in some decent wheel sealant to keep them like this for as long as possible! Probably the GTechniq stuff that Mes has recently got for his new wheels...

In other news, I got round to using the Pump Sprayer and VP Citrus pre-wash. The sprayer works really well and gives good coverage, however you do need to pump it A LOT to maintain the pressure. The pre-wash worked quite well, although I think that I need to use more the next time around as it was probably a bit too diluted/I didn't leave it to dwell long enough.

It rained about an hour later so the effort was wasted, but she's still looking good...

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Its happened ! Looks great buddy. Bet your wondering why you didnt do it ages ago now. Yea.....they look superb. You made the right choice with the colour IMO.

A couple of very artistic pics too. Looks like you had your own little photo shoot to celebrate :smile:

What colour nut covers do you have Jimmy ?

Reactions: Jimmy
Its happened ! Looks great buddy. Bet your wondering why you didnt do it ages ago now. Yea.....they look superb. You made the right choice with the colour IMO.

A couple of very artistic pics too. Looks like you had your own little photo shoot to celebrate :smile:

What colour nut covers do you have Jimmy ?
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ha, I know, it took long enough :grimacing: I do wish I'd had them done sooner, but something else always cropped up in the meantime... Very happy they're done now though.

The covers are a gunmetal/chrome finish... I was tempted by TPI bolts, but I don't think black would look good on an Anthracite wheel, and I'm assuming silver finish bolts will rust over time again anyway. The covers were a cheap fix, although still not ideal. I found a photo I had pre-refurb with the covers on:

DSCF0206.jpg

Reactions: Gordini and Sean197