jerky 197

HELP!

My car is very jerky when I start it and appears to be lacking power when you put your foot down? It takes about 5 minutes for the car to warm up and stop jerky but even after the 5 minutes can still be a little jerky and I don't think it's running to full power.

Any suggestions please....?

Just the way they are. Let the car warm up properly first. Also some find turning the traction control off helps when it's cold.

Could it have anything to do with spark plugs and leads do you think as that's been another suggestion but i'm quite clueless so anyone could say anything to me.

Regards

Paddy is right.

They also run a little rough if you're using poor fuel. They run a lot smoother on momentum, v power etc. The kangerooing effect when its cold is pretty much normal.

There is a supposed fix on the 'how to' section with small work around the maf sensor you could try.

I'm sure it's just the ecu programmed to do it when it's cold. BMW E46 M3 won't let you rev past so many revs til it's warmed up. I guess a similar theory

poor mapping by Renault to keep the cold start emissions low - its a well known issue with them when cold

Thanks for the responses guys. It's had a few mods, scorpion back box, k&n filter and even been remapped. To be honest I don't think remapping does the ecu any favours but I purchased it like this. Decent car though.

Think it just needs a good service and few simple replacements to old parts.