I've developed a rattle...

or at least the car has.

I've got a rattle/creak coming from the passanger side near the glove box/corner of the window. Its like plastic rubbing on something.

Has anybody had this before or know how to remove/solve it.. Its driving me utterly mental :jumpon::bored:

open the door. on the inside of the door below the hinge is a plastic grommet. glue it on place. sorted

do u see the bolt on the top right. that slots into the grommet on the door when it closes. run ur hand up the side of the door u will feel it.

Ok, I solved it! The grommet didn't work for me as it was very tight but thanks for the tip.

I have been hunting this little rattle/creak for 4 months now. It ended up being the A Pillar cover. When your looking at the A Pillar go down to the bottom right of it. Mine was just touching the windscreen so as it was going over bumps it would touch a tad more and make a sound. I first stuffed some tissue between it to see if it stops, and it did! So I ended up taken the cover off and applying some felt on the edge where it touches the windscreen. No more sound!!

I hope this is the same on your car and you get rid of the annoying sound. Best of luck.

BOLAT.. your amazing. That seems to have sorted the sound. Stuff some foam down where the window meets the A pillar, noise has all but gone (Was a quick 2 min job) I'll do a proper job at the weekend.

Similar Thread Suggestions