It never ends with this car

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Ok, firstly i have done a search!

My wipers are doing strange things & stop in the middle after 3 strokes if they do work. Sometimes i get nothing, just dead.

Any idea's please guys as the car is really depressing me!

dont the drain holes under the scuttle get blocked too so the motor ends up sat in water.???

Lol yes jase had that! Dan got about 5ltrs out the thing!

Must have had atleast 5 things faulty now! If theres any more problems i will go back to the trusty 1*2 :worried:

they are reaching that age though dawn, where if theyve not had things done to keep on top of them they all start to go at once.

you will get it all sorted and once you have it will be fine.
like buying any second hand car really, some have been kept looking nice while others have been kept looking nice and looked after.

I've had a lot of teething problems in the 3 months that I've had mine.

Then, low and behold, the EML came on this morning along with the 'check emissions' warning. I've already replaced one of the o2 sensors! :sleep:

I'm getting a bit of a pain in my hole at this stage to be honest.

Actually, sorry for the thread hijack but, does anyone else's mk3 love blowing headlight bulbs? I've went through at least 4 headlight bulbs and 2 side-light bulbs in 3 months.

Last edited:
^

I went through quite a few sidelight bulbs, I think i've replaced the passenger one 4 times whilst i've had it. Various LED's and std 501's have been used. The latest set of LED's seem to be holding out though.

MissMagpiev6, you need to remember you got your car VERY cheap (can't remember the exact price, but I remember it being very low for the spec).

You have to expect things to go wrong with a cheap second hand car unfortunately. Once you've got the niggles sorted out you'll have a gem!

Tbh i would say it was a fair price in reflection to what needed doing -

Cambelt
Discs & pads all round, which aren't cheap!
Rear tyres

Prob's so far

Water leaking into the passenger footwell
Auto lights dropping position
Horrid crunching when breaking (still & i hate it)
Brakes froze on one morning
Wipers playing up

Inly had her since november 5th! :worried:

Tbh i would say it was a fair price in reflection to what needed doing -

Cambelt
Discs & pads all round, which aren't cheap!
Rear tyres

Prob's so far

Water leaking into the passenger footwell
Auto lights dropping position
Horrid crunching when breaking (still & i hate it)
Brakes froze on one morning
Wipers playing up

Inly had her since november 5th! :worried:

Think if you had standard seats in then you would not have these Prob's.

I have the chruching grinding sound when i break some times had the car in to renault and they cant find any problem