Is there a doctor in the house....

....coz I am haemorraging money :zomg:

Last year's service was a big one with the cam belt & waterpump etc and this year I have just replaced all my disks and pads and the tie-rod ends (and some other bits) so over a 13 month period my car has cost a fortune.

Saying that, this was all expected work and just one of those things but I am a bit skint at the moment.

Want to say thanks to Carl for excellent service as usual.

My car owes me a debt of fun for all the love I have given it :driveby:

Just needed to get that off my chest!!!

Hopefully though you've shelled out that much and replaced a lot of things so you'll have some low-cost motoring for a while!

Gotta think of the positives! :smiley:

Yep.

Relatively speaking of course. Still going to be cheaper than say, running the R32 GTR I once used to drive.

Haha yeah I bet!

I have had a grim month for car costs.

£300 cambelt and service kit
£137.50 6 months tax
£100 brake stuff
£80+ droplink and ball joint
£40 MOT

£660

Owned my 2nd 197 3 weeks now so far spent

£160 on front discs & pads all round
£218 on rear discs
£100 on H&R springs
£65 on cup shocks
£30 recaro seat cover
£16 tail pipes
£500 bext tuesday for the cambelt!

Need rear tyres too :/

some spend is "routine maintenance" and other spends is for cosmetic reasons...

all motors will need parts once they are 3yr old thats the reason for warranties running out at 3yrs!

as for brake costs - yearly maintenance will prevent premature replacement and maximise disc/pad life

Had mine just over a month and so far its only been

£80 Driver side bearing
£150 Driver side ball joint and wish bone

New pads all round courtesy of the dealer when I kicked up a stink about them basically selling me a dangerous vehicle.

Cambelt up next I think and water pump seen as so many people say to get it done at the same time.

Recently worked out that the money I've spent owning and running the car over the last 2.5 years comes to nearly what I paid for it in the first place :smiley: £7k in fuel alone. Crazy but worth it.

In the last 2 months I have spent:

Wife's car tax £240
Wife's car service and MOT £290
Wife's car insurance £500
My car tax £250
My service £1000

Similar Thread Suggestions