Is Stripping The Clio Bad?

I like stripped out motors when done right like you have.

But i couldnt live with it!

If it was a dedicated track machine, then yes without doubt. But my cars my daily driver, and i need it to be civillized 95% of the time lol

Theres still plenty of performance when required though, for the sake of a few extra KG

I think the stripped out look can look good. However, I am against stripping it fully down to the metal. I prefer the r26r look. Stripped but still looks nice/cosey inside.

So what I'd do is just remove the backseats really. Think the cage should be a better colour than black (Red or blue).

Yeah, its worth it..... but save the bits!!

A 197 isnt stripped with the massively heavy front seats in!!! Thats why mine went. Fine for day to day use IMO, or was for me!

Yes its worth it, but it depends what you use your car for..

If you use it more on the road, to go and see clients, go to work etc I'd say no. Its a bad impression, lol. However if its just a pure track/weekend car and you drive something else then I'd say keep it.

When i get another car mine will be going into a track animal, just taking everything i can out of it and changing bits for lighter bits.

Thats why i've only take rear seats, belts and boot mat out.

all hiding in the loft, simples to get to and in half a day shes back to full interior :tongueout:

There is an interesting article in top gear about stripping out a car this month. Worth a read. They strip out a 207 gti and the stig does test laps etc. Interesting debate in there for those that are interested. :smile:

Might go purchase that, the only thing that stops me taking everything out is that the back end will go light on corners and I like my car planted

There is an interesting article in top gear about stripping out a car this month. Worth a read. They strip out a 207 gti and the stig does test laps etc. Interesting debate in there for those that are interested. :smile:

Yeah I read that too mate, however at the end of the day I know mine feels sharper and more willing to accelerate lol, and whether it's physically faster or not it still makes for a more pleasurable drive.

They never touched the suspension on the car though. Standard suspension has it's limits because it's honed to the standard weight.

Adjustable coilovers set-up properly on a lighter car are better than adjustable coilovers on a standard weight car.