is my r27 worth 10k???

If it was a private sale I would think you would mate. You will get ripped if you part-ex, you thinking of getting rid?

Ah no mate! I had the same problem (technically still having it lol) I am buying a house too, Rather than sell the car I got a new job lol was a better option than selling up for me. Sounds daft but I would love to buy yours just for the low mileage! :thumbsup:

yea took me ages to get one i wanted now iv only owned it for 6 months but i neeed the cash for the deposit other wise id keep it such a shame. but the sooner i buy a house the sooner i will pay it of. you recon i might get a litle more than 10k for it?

I would certainly put it up for more. I know there have been ones with 26,000 that have sold for £10k in the past few months. Are there any on Pistonheads ATM, I haven't looked in a while myself but I don't think you would have any trouble selling it.

ther eis one goin for 9800 with 47k on it so might try my luck with 10.5k for a bit and see if i get any intrest might be seling with my private plate aswell so will be a better seling point

TBH I would put it on at 11k, at least that way it stops a few more people from trying it on. 47,000 is a lot of miles compared to yours so don't be afraid to try it on, all depends on how fast you want to sell.

Is it an R27 plate?

i'd be wanting 10.5k for it, so i'd be putting it up for 11/11.5k tbh. especially if one with 30k more miles went for just £700 less.

thanks mate i may try that i payed 11500 for it 6 months ago but i knocked him down 500 as the roof vinyl was marked quite bad managed to get the stain of so i was quids in lol

get it looking as mint as possible and you'll find the right person willing to pay for the right car, i know i would. if i wasn't getting a new one for 11.5k.... lol

Exactly, I don't think you will have much problem especially with so few miles on the clock! Just get it cleaned up really well or use some old photos or use someone else's photos and blank the plates lol!

Selling up for a house is something that may come to me in the future. Only problem is I still have 4 years left on my loan! So I probably wouldn't have any money left from the sale! Lol! I'd be interested in how much I could sell mine for, as it's a 58 plate and 21000 miles. It's always difficult pricing the car for sale, you don't want to be too high against others for sale, but you also want a good price.

pritch i had the same problem years ago and had to sell my e36 m3 to get a deposit looking back was the best thing iv done cars drop in value but houses go up in value ..........

As above, property is (usually) a much safer place for your money.

One thing to consider when looking at other prices is the spec, I know the R27's all have the cup chassis, decals & Recaros, but what about climate, xenons, rear privacy glass, power fold mirrors, etc?

If you want top dollar you may need to hold out.

Bad time of the year to sell. It only takes a couple of weekends of rain and you get twitchy & drop the price.

Every month another sneaky tax or cut that the government announced years ago hits you in the wallet. I am sure I will be worse off in some way in the new tax year & 197 aint known for there good running costs (fuel).

However it is very nice to see a forum talking a cars value up. Usually there are some new members looking to buy that talk a cars price down!

If you have something special & time is on your side why not try it at a higher price for a few weeks. All those bank holidays late April/Early May could be good for selling.

Similar Thread Suggestions