Integra Type R DC2

Anyone know much about these/owned one? Might be a possibility that I can get my hands on one with a nice low mileage for a great price but never looked into the jap side. Do you rate VTEC?

Great great car my mum had one for 6 years never had a problem with it , I had a jap one a few years ago and loved it very very fun cars and if u by a good one you won't have manny problems

Watch out for rust , smoking from exhaust more so on vtec , crunching gears when going for if (syncros) and the seats can ware badly

Hears a pix of my old one only 47k on it big spec ,had some bad luck with her but nothing to do with the car it self ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381839589.716009.jpg

Ive had one and a DC5. Much preferred the DC2 though. I ran mine for nearly 3 years and part-exchanged it for an Elise. Very reliable and the only thing that failed was a side light bulb. Had the belts changed when I got it and the usual yearly service, tyres (consumables). Tyres are not expensive as they are only 15”s.
Driving it was a joy, not that special when just tootling round through traffic but when in the V-tec zone it is very special. Quite a noticeable cam change compared with the 2lt V-tecs in my opinion. They are loud when in the V-tec zone as there is a lack of sound proofing but this is a good thing and added to the whole experience. The seating position is low and your legs are quite straight again this adds to it. The seats are good but prone to wear and bolsters ‘collapsing’. You also get ‘rubbing’ patches where the seat belt rubs the seat this will be more noticeable on the red seats as my DC2 had. My DC5 had black seats which I didn’t like as much. The gear change is good and as described in many magazines is ‘rifle bolt accurate’ this is an excellent description of it. The diff is brilliant, as you expect to understeer adding power tightens the front up. Strange at first but feels so natural after a bit.
Bad points I noticed. Rust can appear on the rear arches, mine had a slight bubble a couple of mm just before I sold so would of needed to be addressed. The door and body panels are thin an no doubt this is one reason it is a light car. Car park door dings can happen with quite soft touches so have a look down the car at different angles to see if there are any. Also if you buy one park it miles away from any one! There are no gadgets in these cars, radio, heaters, air con on some and elec windows. This was a plus point for me as I hate electronic gadgets on cars.
I would happily have another one and even looked at a couple before I bought my 200 Cup, they just look a bit dated now and thats what put me off another.
All this said when I see one I still want one and wonder if I made the right choice. The Clio Cup is good though and in is the nearest modern thing I could think that was anything like the Integra.

Sure a test drive will make the decision for you!

Had a dc5
other than interior quality I'd have another one in a heartbeat. to be honest kinda wish I got another one over the clio now!

i agree with a previous post that the dc2 looks very dated. I've heard it's more raw but still a fwd great

I found my DC5 a bit big, suppose its where you drive really, the Clio and DC2 feel fun on country B-roads where as the DC5 seemed a bit to serious to have fun in, probably too much grip to have fun!

Thanks for the input guys. It's a JDM front model from 98. Looking to swap it out for the 200 cup I have as I am an offshore worker and I am away for about 6 months a year so cant justify paying this much on finance for it to just sit there!

I will definitely test drive it first. I agree it does look kind of dated but I like that in a way, very different! How quick are they in comparison to my 200?

It's white with red seats. Completely standard at the minute but I'm pretty sure it won't stay that way if I decide to go for it!

Torque is similar to the Clio, there isn't that much really they have to be revved to get the most out of them. A definite down shift if you want to get a move on with the engine low in the revs. They make you work for speed, some people like that some don't, seems more don't theses days IMO. Cornering is good, but they are 15+ years old now so what may of been a fast cornering FWD coupé then is not now. Ive never been in a new Meg but no I have doubt a Meg 250/265 would corner faster. What it does offer is good steering feel and weight something that newer cars wont offer.

Similar Thread Suggestions