Any integral staff on here?

A rather long shot but I work for a company called O'Sullivan Shopfitting and as of next month we won't be doing the maintenance on the co-op stores anymore as Integral have won the contract for the south and Wales areas.

Was just wondering if anyone on here works for them or have ever been in a TUPE situation themselves that can shed some light on it all.

My company are keeping it all hush hush until the minimum 28days comes around. Any advice would be great :smile:

That's what I'm afraid of really. I'm I a fairly good position as far as I can see as I'm a fully qualified plumber but also for this company I'm what they call "multiskilled" (which I bloody hate the ****ty title) and I'm 15 or so years younger than the other multis who haven't got qualifications at all. There are ALOT of CO-OP shops around in Southampton and only 2of us that look after them :/

TUPE is just a transfer of protected employment rights. I.e if you have been with your current employer for 2 years or more and you transfer to another company via TUPE then your employment rights pertaining to redundancy remain in place but usually only for 6 months after transfer.

So if after 5 months with the new employer they make you redundant you are entitled to your statutory redundancy as you would have been previously. If however they wanted to make you redundant after 6 months then you are treated just like any other new employee and are entitled to nothing.

See I'm really unsure about it as Iv never had a "proper" job before this (self employed from age of 20 for 4 years and done my time with a family friend from 16) so all of this is a bit strange. I'm one of the better engineers if I must say so my self :wink: so hoping it all turns out fine

See I'm really unsure about it as Iv never had a "proper" job before this (self employed from age of 20 for 4 years and done my time with a family friend from 16) so all of this is a bit strange. I'm one of the better engineers if I must say so my self :wink: so hoping it all turns out fine

that means nothing these days.....i got right royally shafted....your just a number at the end of the day and a cost :blink:

that means nothing these days.....i got right royally shafted....your just a number at the end of the day and a cost :blink:

I know it does annoy me when people really don't care and as you said just see numbers. The company I work for now are EXTREMELY laid back so I'm sort of hoping that if I do go over the Integral will make the most of me as I became a plumber for a reason and I barley do any anymore :worried: