Insurance

It really does depend on where you live. For example:

Mines 399 with green light. All mods declared. 6ncb. 300 saving on admiral for a standard car

Tried them, called me back to tell me they couldnt get close to my renewal from Admiral at around £270.

you really are being ripped off, my quotes are around £240, try aviva

Don't cover Northern Ireland.

These are just examples of what works for somebody doesn't always work for others.

I am 48 with 8 yrs ncb,and my renewal from more than was £360 down a mighty £10,went onto a comparison site and got quoted £291 from esure,went back to more than to be told I already had a lot of discount in my renewal , but she said I"ll see what I can do,2 minutes later she quoted £261 and said do I want to go ahead with the quote,wtf you bet I do-thieving b******.

It really does depend on where you live. For example:

Tried them, called me back to tell me they couldnt get close to my renewal from Admiral at around £270.

Don't cover Northern Ireland.

These are just examples of what works for somebody doesn't always work for others.

I never said it would, I said try, especially with my limited geography knowledge but i bow down and accept chesterfield is in northern ireland

If your paying nearly 700 odd quid and from chesterfield northern ireland and over 40 with 5yrs ncd your not being ripped off.

However if your from chesterfield not northern ireland then your being ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will give it a try Carl cheers, ta MP will also try aviva, admiral , anyone any other good companies? [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION]? . [MENTION=2901]Ashton[/MENTION]99 you know your stuff, do you work in the Criminal Justice System too? Gary, sounds like you should really should have got done for GBH, (sec 20) I know individuals doing 5 years+ for sec 18, it still stinks though, totally not your fault , you flip and now it's effecting not just you're insurance, think I would have wanted to leather the idiot too, it's t&#ts like him means our premiums are high as well. In the US part of your insurance covers you against accidents with uninsured drivers as something like 20% don't have any! Think they do it here now. Any more good companies??7

I never said it would, I said try, especially with my limited geography knowledge but i bow down and accept chesterfield is in northern ireland

If your paying nearly 700 odd quid and from chesterfield northern ireland and over 40 with 5yrs ncd your not being ripped off.

However if your from chesterfield not northern ireland then your being ripped off.

Never said chesterfield was in Northern Ireland. Was simply making the point that an insurance company that works for one person may not work for another. Eg Aviva works for you but won't even quote me as I'm in Northern Ireland and Greenlight works for somebody else, has worked for me in the past but while willing to quote me on the clio couldn't get close to the renewal price. It really takes you to phone around every year, it the only way to ensure you get the best deal.

I absolutely hate renewing car insurance. I've ended up getting a multicar from admiral as it worked out the cheapest but I always try people like green light. My dealings with them have been really good, you never know how good an insurance company is until you have a bump.

I do sit down on the pc and spend hours going through all avenues options etc etc from multi car policy's , renewal prices etc etc . Some good deals to be had , if your prepared to do some research , the way I see it , if I take a day off work but save say 300 quid on renewal cost , well it's been a good day !! And yes with comments ref myself . It's not big or clever . Wish it never happened , but life goes on !!

Insurance companies will always try and get the most. I paid £800 last year with admiral and renewal came through the post at £750. Used a lot of price comparison sites to get the cheapest quote. Got it down to £369 with elephant. Phoned up admiral and said what I had been offered and gave them the reference number and they matched it. I'm 22 with 4 years NCB, driving an R27. Took me about 4-5 hours in total, keep inputting info on various sites, but was well worth it.

Feel like I'm getting shafted compared to some of your prices. I went with Greenlight, 30 at the time and I think 7 or 8 yrs NCB. Low risk area and paying £430 ish I think.

Feel like I'm getting shafted compared to some of your prices. I went with Greenlight, 30 at the time and I think 7 or 8 yrs NCB. Low risk area and paying £430 ish I think.
That's not bad tbh. I'm down to £625 at 24 with 3 years NCB through SkyInsurance, hoping to drop £100 off that this year at least.

Similar Thread Suggestions