Insurance

So it came to that time again, I'm 21 with 2 years ncb. Got a renewal from elephant which was 1200 for the year. I paid that same amount last year, rang up asked to discuss this didn't offer any discount at all, so cancelled the policy there and then. So after a short amount of time looking, elephant pops back up, same details, same renewal date absolutely everything the bang same. They can now do it at 740 for the year. Now can anyone tell me what the **** insurance companies are playing at with renewals. Its an absolute farce. But anyway I think iv had a decent result with that.

You will usually be able to get it cheaper doing a new quote rather than just a renewal regardless who you are with, always do an online quote and then ring and tell them.

same old stuff from the ripping of insurance companies, they'll try it on, you threaten to leave or cancel and next thing they give you a reasonable quote. £740 sounds pretty good for you being a young male driver, iam not paying much less and over 40 with full no claims. maybe people could put their experiences of some good/cheap insurance companies on here and save members the time of searching?

I'm not recommended admiral at all but mine was 650 fully comp. I'm 24 and have 1 year NBC and 3 points.

Mine was £710 at 21 full comp. £520 at 22 and now when I'm renewing next month; I've had a quote for around £300 +/-

I don't feel if ended up with a too bad price to be honest but I just can't see how the companies can get away with what they do and when you do ring up you get some snotty little tramp spinning lies saying they can't do it any cheaper really does annoy me.

[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] where did you get such a good deal if you don't mind me asking. Ta

I mine is due renewed at the end of the month. I've been quoted (renewal actually the best so far) £270 full comp + business and protected no claims and that with Admiral. Now I live in Northern Ireland and I know prices here are higher but I'm happy enough with that. I'm 32, had my licence 15 years and 10 years no claims. Insurance companies here make a big deal of doing insurance from £219 per year.

My insurance is high even at 43 and ten plus years Ncb ?? I've held my licence since 88 hold a psv a hgv class 1 etc etc few year ago my 12 grand Subaru gets wrote off by a driver doing a right hand turn in front of me , no indication no nothing , I hit him head on , doing 30 in a 30 zone , he then gets out and says sorry mate , by the way I have no insurance , so I f ing leathered him , really went to town on him , because I now have a section 18 assault on my record my insurance is high , work that one out , right piss take I think .

Sec 18 is a serious one, wounding with intent. You will be classed as high risk due to that. It's difficult to comment without being there but the way you describe your attack it's not something that most rational folk would do really. Pissed off yes, very very but to injure someone so badly as to get a sec 18 wounding is a step too far. It's one of those things like drink drive, you make the choice at the time and pay for the consequences for many years afterwards. You obviously got the satisfaction of doing it at the time

Sec 18 is a serious one, wounding with intent. You will be classed as high risk due to that. It's difficult to comment without being there but the way you describe your attack it's not something that most rational folk would do really. Pissed off yes, very very but to injure someone so badly as to get a sec 18 wounding is a step too far. It's one of those things like drink drive, you make the choice at the time and pay for the consequences for many years afterwards. You obviously got the satisfaction of doing it at the time
Tbh with ya fella I'd do the same again tommorow , what if the driver in question ( with no insurance) had an accident an killed some one , I'm not saying what I did was right , far from it . There is a lot of factors to take into consideration . Etc etc , I saved for nearly 3 years to buy that car and went to Ireland to buy it , that still doesn't make it right far from it , the point I'm making is you say high risk ?? High risk for what ?? Having a car accident ?? That's the point , why should me having a assault charge on my record have any thing to do with my car insurance ?? It shouldn't not in my eyes , I have a very good driving record have claimed twice in 25 years , so I like to think that's pretty good . But yes your points are valid , but I also believe mine are also

I think the thing is insurance companies weigh up you as an individual and what risk you present to them. Certain character traits may be indicators as to what your personal attitude to risk is. It's unlikely your premium would be loaded if you had a conviction for shop lifting or similar but one for violence possibly steers them towards the fact that you may have an element of recklessness within your psyche. Maybe if it had been a sec 39 or 47 ie a quick punch things maybe it may be different but your conviction for sec 18 is only one down from attempt murder...dramatic I know but the finer detail won't interest the insurance company.

I mine is due renewed at the end of the month. I've been quoted (renewal actually the best so far) £270 full comp + business and protected no claims and that with Admiral. Now I live in Northern Ireland and I know prices here are higher but I'm happy enough with that. I'm 32, had my licence 15 years and 10 years no claims. Insurance companies here make a big deal of doing insurance from £219 per year.

Think i might be giving admiral a call come july, my insurance was £500 with axa and thats a bog standard 197, driving 12yrs no claims.

Sad ain't it though , work hard play hard , get bent over n shafted , oh and the fact it was an 18 not a 20 was down to the fact I broke his skin and blood was drawn , and I repeatedly hit him , ?? Or something like that if I remember rightly , either way I do believe the insurance system in this country needs a shake up , as yes they are a law upon themselves !!

My insurance is due 12 april, my renewal qoute is £296 Ive had my license 11 years and have 10 years no claims and I am 32, thought that wasn't too bad.

same old stuff from the ripping of insurance companies, they'll try it on, you threaten to leave or cancel and next thing they give you a reasonable quote. £740 sounds pretty good for you being a young male driver, iam not paying much less and over 40 with full no claims. maybe people could put their experiences of some good/cheap insurance companies on here and save members the time of searching?

you really are being ripped off, my quotes are around £240, try aviva

Similar Thread Suggestions