197: Insurance renewal

Recieved my renewal through to the tune of £434, I have tried the comparison sites and i am getting a similar figure. Planning to try Adrian Flux, who else is worth a try ?

Annoyingly when i bought the 197 in April, i had a quote of £289 through comparison sites.

Have you phoned up your current insurance provider?

when my insurance was up for renewal I phoned up to cancel the automatic renewal and they ended up reducing my premium from £1600 to just under £1200.

It's always worth giving them a call to see what they can do

Have you phoned up your current insurance provider?

when my insurance was up for renewal I phoned up to cancel the automatic renewal and they ended up reducing my premium from £1600 to just under £1200.

It's always worth giving them a call to see what they can do

Cheers, just gave them a ring and they knocked £82 off, gives me a better position to compare against now. I wouldnt normally bother ringing my current insurer first as I always saw it as they have 1 chance to give me a renewal price, too high and i may go elsewhere, we will see...

Insurers will always try their luck with renewal premiums, but definitely worth asking them if they can reduce. They normally have some room for negotiation.

As for companies to try, I got a good price from [MENTION=51573]Dan@Greenlight[/MENTION]

Yes agreed, which is my main reason for giving them 1 chance only . Will add green light to my list to try too, thanks [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION]

Reactions: bounds72
If you have anyone to go on a multicar discount with on admiral then its worth doing as my premium comes down a heck of a lot with the multicar on there!

I was insured with Greenlight for two years on my 197. Ended up going with Adrian Flux this year as Greenlight couldn't get anywhere near the renewal.

I'm with Bell Direct - £289 fully comp :smile:
Will give them a try, thanks

If you have anyone to go on a multicar discount with on admiral then its worth doing as my premium comes down a heck of a lot with the multicar on there!
Good point, i will check this out.

I was insured with Greenlight for two years on my 197. Ended up going with Adrian Flux this year as Greenlight couldn't get anywhere near the renewal.
Yes, i am going to try GL & AF thanks

Got to say I wasn't impressed by admiral multi car. As always with insurance far too many variables to do a meaningful comparison.

Im with eSure, 22 y/o, 5 years no claims, no points, garaged

Fully comp £640...

Decided to move away from the family Admiral multi-car policy as the renewal came out as £850 down from £900, wasn't impressed! (Admiral wanted £800+ for my 1.2 Clio just before I bought my 200! When I bought the 200 it was only £50 more than the 1.2 Clio, strange policies!)

Must be a massive chav gathering of these cars and an increase in crashes due to the price dropping over the years.

Im with eSure, 22 y/o, 5 years no claims, no points, garaged

Fully comp £640...

Decided to move away from the family Admiral multi-car policy as the renewal came out as £850 down from £900, wasn't impressed! (Admiral wanted £800+ for my 1.2 Clio just before I bought my 200! When I bought the 200 it was only £50 more than the 1.2 Clio, strange policies!)
Good price that , had a price of £630 earlier on mutlicar which seemed good. Need to check the details on the OH current policy.

Just got off the phone to Adrian Flux , £302 which is the cheapest so far , going to keep shopping around :smile:, would be nice to get it under £300

Similar Thread Suggestions