Install map light

Jamesb93

Gold Member
Hi guys, as above I was wondering if it's possible to install a map light into the back of my Clio 200 cup? The only interior light I have is in the front and isn't that great tbh. Thanks!

Don't the 200s have rear lights in the headliner like the 197?

Yes it's for rear passenger use [MENTION=53322]VolumeX[/MENTION]

I don't know if the standard 200s do but mines the cup version and it definitely doesn't! Was thinking maybe I could rig one up to connect with the front? [MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION]

I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't be able to do it to be honest. You'd have to drop the headliner a bit and extend the wiring from the front courtesy light to where you want the rear to be. There's plenty of generic guides on the internet that would help as the principles the same for any car really.

I would like to do this in my 197 cup. I found the one in the front was no good so "borrowed" one out of the father in laws megane with the map lights and put some led bulbs in. Worked a treat

That's not a bad shout, I assume theres quite a few led light kits floating about on the Internet? so I will give this a go first and see how I get on but like you said @DS197 I can't see any reason why it's not possible to install one in the back? Just wondered if anyone else had given it any thought and found a reason why it wouldn't work

Last edited:
Wow, you take your rear passengers seriously... ;D if they complain about the poor sound quality in the rear, will that be addressed soon?

Haha no chance of complaints in that department, i've already sorted that with some JBL BASS! :thumbsup:

Has anyone managed to install a light in the back? Can't see to well with just the light in the front.

And before anyone says anything about been in the back I can't see when putting the little one in her car seat

Had a little bit of hacking to do as they are components but you'd never notice as they fit nice a snug :thumbsup:

Has anyone managed to install a light in the back? Can't see to well with just the light in the front.

And before anyone says anything about been in the back I can't see when putting the little one in her car seat

Haven't got round to fitting one yet mate, realised there a bit more work involved than I first thought! But il take some how too pictures when I eventually do it! :smile: