Inner wheel arch & front bumper cover damage.

I noticed the underneath of the bumper and inside of the offside wheel arch had cracked on my newly bought 197, nothing i have done but the garage i bought it from are saying its been kerbed (which it hasnt!). Been quoted £150 for parts & labor.

Has anyone else had problems with this on theirs? I havnt been anywhere near a kerb since i bought it so i know it wasnt caused by that.

No Renault warranty left but have a 2 year "Guarantee" with Evans Halshaw. Im currently in discussions with them about it but they say its not covered by the guarantee. I'm pretty sure it must have been loose when i bought it. Only noticed it when i had the car up in the air to check it out after buying. The damage looks worse now because its been catching on the tyre.

push them hard mate then hopefully they will stump up for it
if they can get away with out payin they will

If they won't pay for it all see if they will meet you half way.
You pay for parts and they fit for free.?

To be honest this isn't the sort of thing that a warranty is for. A warranty is to cover manufacturing issues, not damage caused in day to day driving.

If they do anything, it will purely be a gesture of good will. You should have found this before purchasing and agreed it in the deal if you wanted it to be sorted.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm just trying to be a little more realistic

To be honest this isn't the sort of thing that a warranty is for. A warranty is to cover manufacturing issues, not damage caused in day to day driving.

If they do anything, it will purely be a gesture of good will. You should have found this before purchasing and agreed it in the deal if you wanted it to be sorted.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm just trying to be a little more realistic

Yeah i understand what you're saying but unfortunatley it wasnt noticable until getting the car up in the air and nor did it affect how the car drove.