induction/air filter help

Not the apollo. Get the ITG and get a decent feed to it!

who sells the itg one, fink ive sussed the cold air feed prob was looking at it today on the ramp, has any1 taken off the resonator box thats sits by the n/s headlamp and the pipe part that sits on the suspension turret? if so does this affect the car?

it wont affect the car at all as you take the rest of the induction system off when you change the air box ! had the same idea whilst looking today

it wont affect the car at all as you take the rest of the induction system off when you change the air box ! had the same idea whilst looking today

thought coz they dont actually do anything, ill be gettin rid of those then to make way for some cold air feeds :biggrin:

i think i will be able to get a pipe down there without the removal of that box due to having standard lights

yea me to but was finkin alot more space to run the pipe easier and saves havin a redundant box sittin there

guna see if i can get one run from the bottom grill but guna ave a better look tomorrow

same here or im taking a fog light out ! im just waiting for my silicon bend and air feed ! hope they are here before the weekend

same here or im taking a fog light out ! im just waiting for my silicon bend and air feed ! hope they are here before the weekend
guna order me air filter tomorrow then look at wat ive got and sort the feed out im guna try and see if i can get some stainless steel pipe work made up then use silicone hose for the joins, but that all deends in wat i can do with the feeds

guna order me air filter tomorrow then look at wat ive got and sort the feed out im guna try and see if i can get some stainless steel pipe work made up then use silicone hose for the joins, but that all deends in wat i can do with the feeds

Would try to keep the metal to a minimum, metal heats up more and holds heat more than silicone!

i had a k&N appollo fitted to my car when i brought it, the cold air feed on it is knackered and at the moment, its just the filter.
did anyone come to a conclusion of a good place to mount the cold air feed to get a good flow?
i myself was thinkin where the fog light goes but duno if i wana lose my fog lights tbh

I have now gone with a new set up utilising the STD feed from the TB (ITG AB65 carbon) as below...

box2-1.jpg

box1.jpg

Does anyone know what size filter would attach to the OE inlet hose? Or the Samco replacment OE hoses you can get? It will be ITG JC60/xx something??

I was thinking that instead of the above ITG AB65C airbox with 90deg pipe, use the AB65H with the 60deg pipe. Haven't got photoshop on this PC to mock it up, but google the EP3 ITG kit and think of that rotated, this will then only need a short piece of flexible hose to connect to the plastic end of the OE airfeed. Using the OE inlet hose seems the best solution because the other ITG setups I've seen generally use a 90deg bend of the TB which is not ideal.
[MENTION=2929]smoggy mark[/MENTION], can you still supply ITG stuff for a good price?

Wonder what a 70mm 45 degree cut down to size would be like on that?suppose its all trial and error, PM what you are after from ITG and I will see what I can do.