induction/air filter help

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Alrite people, ive had me 197 3 weeks now and want to start modding, im looking to change the induction first but im wondering wat is better, is it better to go for and performance panel filter or a full on induction kit? and wat makes are best to go for, thanks for your help.8)

Kevo is the man to answer this one, he got a few posts on it.

From what I have read induction kits are good if you can find a good place for an air feed, if you just fit an induction kit without an air feed you loose power.

So unless you are planning making a custom air feed a panel filter is the best option IMO

if i was to make a custom air feed wheres best 2 start and best place to run it from?

If you don't want to complicate your life - go for the K&N panel filter.

BUT:

If you do: go for the Renault Sport Clio R3/V6 Phase II airbox - but you'll need to reallocate your battery.

There is another way - buy a small battery and fit the airbox that kevo did.

Search the forum - there are a lot of posts regarding the intake and cold air feed.

I stayed with panel filter to simplify things and it works out okay.

Did run the apollo induction kit for a short while tho, sounded awesome.

STD maxogen (ITG LRAB65) will loose you power as you cant get a feed to it.

If you dont have xenons you can get oast the drivers side light (just) with a feed and cut it into your arch liner, works well but it WILL suck up alot of shit!!! I did this 1st time round as below...box2.jpg

Feed here... feed.jpg

I have now gone with a new set up utilising the STD feed from the TB (ITG AB65 carbon) as below...

box2-1.jpg

box1.jpg

The feed for this will be directly from the bonnet using a NACA duct. This airbox is proven to be a fair bit more efficeint than the LRAB65.

I stayed with panel filter to simplify things and it works out okay.

Did run the apollo induction kit for a short while tho, sounded awesome.
much improvement in power?
do like the sound of the appollo kit sounds awsome

will ave a look when the cars on the ramp see wat i can do with a feed ill keep everyone posted

guna be looking into this over the nex couple weeks guna go for an indution kit just coz of sound of the kit, wat is the best kit to buy?