I'm thinking of getting these detailing products?

Hi Guys,

I like to keep my albi 197 in mint condition and looking as good as possible. :thumbup:

I have a box full of detailing cloths, Megs wax's , AG SR polish, AG, Shampoo & conditioner, microfibre cloths etc.

However, I have polished my car once until another 4 months passes, but after each wash I use Megs carbanara wax. It's ok not great, i'll be glad when it's run out tbh to get a better wax. With my christmas money I am thinking of getting the following to add to my current stuff for my car

1. Biberry juice (currently use Wonder wheels but fancy a change)

2. This electric polisher http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Silverline_Rotary_Machine_Polisher_1.html ( I wax and have polished my car by hand and it's good but tiring time after time so going to get this polisher to wax and polish car.

3. http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/HD_Snow_Foam_Kit_Karcher_KEWNA_1.html

I don't want to spend alot of a polisher like most are, and i've learnt from getting previous products for my car "you get what you pay for". Although halfords do polishers for £30 I dnt want to get a polisher that isn't as gd. May as well pay a bit extra like the above polisher. I have got silverline axle stands as well. They are a good make. :smile:

Give me your thoughts guys on the above products and if you have any other advice or products I should look at let me know.

Many Thanks,

Chris

Personally I didn't have the rotary polisher because I'm a novice myself and was advised to start with a duel action one and it's great

1. Bilberry Juice is superb in my opnion, works wonders on arches and wheels alike.
2. Silverline stuff is pretty good but if you don't have much experience then Rotarys can be a bit dangerous.
3. Buy it, cover the car/house/garden/driveway/neighbours cat in foam. Stand back, watch the magic happen. Repeat.

All seems like good kit (and very similar to my kit) but be VERY careful with a rotary, a dual action one is much safer for someone new to it. A rotary can burn through the paint in seconds if you do it at slightly the wrong angle.

1. Bilberry is amazing stuff! I use it at 10:1 and cleans the wheels good!

2. I have the same rotary as this! very good for the money, but is heavy on your arms after a while. you have to be careful with a rotary, you can do some damage to the paint if your not careful! I would reccomend getting a scrap panel to practice on if your going to do any paint correction (swirl removal) with it.

3. I've just bought a Snow lance similar to this from Clean Your Car, yet to use it, but have heard good results and looks really fun to use!

You've made my worried about rotary polishers now. lol. :worried: hmmm. Like I said I don't want to spend around £200 + on a dual action polisher but I can see your point in terms of burning the paint and with my being a novice to detailing.

I would rather spend £200 + on a Blufin/Superchips mobile remap unit instead. As much as I like my car and enjoy keeping it in mint condition and looking gd it's alot to spend on polisher.

I might just get the lance the bilberry juice for now then and wax/polish via hand. My friend is going to teach my how to use clay bar after I've washed car. Has anyone got any preference on good clay to use?

Think I going to have to get a new foam lance as mine as gone walkies

My friend is going to teach my how to use clay bar after I've washed car. Has anyone got any preference on good clay to use?

To start of claying I bought the Megs starter kit they do! very good for starting. I now use Clean Your Car clay with DoDo Juice Born Slippy.

As for the polishing, it is daunting yeah, but i watched hundreds and hundreds of video's on how to use them properly, and bought a bonnet from a scrap yard for £20 to practice on before I used it on the car. I still need lots more practice though!

Last edited:
You've made my worried about rotary polishers now. lol. :worried: hmmm. Like I said I don't want to spend around £200 + on a dual action polisher but I can see your point in terms of burning the paint and with my being a novice to detailing.

I would rather spend £200 + on a Blufin/Superchips mobile remap unit instead. As much as I like my car and enjoy keeping it in mint condition and looking gd it's alot to spend on polisher.

I might just get the lance the bilberry juice for now then and wax/polish via hand. My friend is going to teach my how to use clay bar after I've washed car. Has anyone got any preference on good clay to use?

Dual action only cost you £80-90 :thumbup:

To start of claying I bought the Megs starter kit they do! very good for starting. I now use Clean Your Car clay with DoDo Juice Born Slippy.

As for the polishing, it is daunting yeah, but i watched hundreds and hundreds of video's on how to use them properly, and bought a bonnet from a scrap yard for £20 to practice on before I used it on the car.

Hi Craig,

Good advice buddy. :smile:

I think that is a good idea in regards to getting a bonett from a scrap yard. I'd rather ruin the scrap yard bonnet that on my car.

I think i'll watch more video's before I take the plung and get a polisher.

I will take a look at megs starter pack as it sounds good, as it's a good make plus has everything for someone like me who has minor detailing experience.

O yeah would u mind commenting on my thread in regards to getting cambelt, aux, and waterpump changed in the engine section on this forum mate. I think it's the 3rd one down written by racer 2011.

I am sure a dual action polisher will become available on ebay at some point, as long as it works, it doesn't have to be new

Stick with the rotary. i have both and never use the da as it takes ages and the results ain't as good.

Just always start light.

Stick with the rotary. i have both and never use the da as it takes ages and the results ain't as good.

Just always start light.

So did you go straight in to a rotary??? Or duel action first