I'm starting to get upset.

Even though i just destroyed a 160 tsi scirocco on the motorway ,today was a bad 197 day.

I was on the motorway and with no more than 120km/h i tried to turn the wheel and for an instant a harsh sound came from the front and at the same time the wheel got hard..I went immediately to the stealers and as usual the answer was..''we checked it,everything is fine''.I couldn't ask for details because i was late to pick the car up so no mechanic was there..I don't want to go at any other service area because i have a one year warranty with my official stealers and i would like to take advantage of it.

I suspect the hydraulic system blocked for that instant due to oil not being perfectly clean.

Any thoughts?

It is electric.Mine failed alltogether in the Alps(Megane) ,felt like driving my sons Golf GTI (no power steering).
After a while I stoped and had a check over the car all seemed ok ,when I restarted the car the power steering was working again.
On return to Blighty the dealer replaced the Steering Colum with has the motor on it ,
no further trouble .
Has your car ever been in an accident involing the front end ?

It is electric.Mine failed alltogether in the Alps(Megane) ,felt like driving my sons Golf GTI (no power steering).
After a while I stoped and had a check over the car all seemed ok ,when I restarted the car the power steering was working again.
On return to Blighty the dealer replaced the Steering Colum with has the motor on it ,
no further trouble .
Has your car ever been in an accident involing the front end ?

Not as far as i am concerned.