I'm sorry everyone....(will cause controvosy)

Should Top Gear be scrapped

• Yes it is rubbish!

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • No it is good!

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I think Top Gear is a total waste of licence payers' money, and is a load of total utter crap!

Sorry everyone, but that is how I feel :smile: :coffee: :swear:

Last edited:
^^ I agree...and your not being controversial, you are in line with the majority...the R8/Porshe Test was ok.....the rest was utter bull....it's not about cars anymore, its about the egos of the presenters.....how predictable was this episode...it's time Top Gear was axed and Jeremy Clarkson brought down to Earth!!

TG rocks! It is the only thing worth paying the license fee for. Its stuff like Homes Under the Hammer, Hole in the Wall, Eastenders etc that need taking off the air. TG makes me smile and it is the perfect way to round off the weekend/start the next week!

TG is good, but the celeb lap is just a time filler. I hate that bit. They try too hard to be funny. That is why I like 5th gear, proper road tests

I'm a bit of a half and half regarding top gear. Some bits I can't stand then some bits I think are genius.

Actually, I think that best describes my opinion of it!!!!

Take the camper van thing, I actually LOL'd when I saw clarksons. But then what was throwing it off the cliff, just stupid. Don't make out that ur trying to have a laugh and stitch up Clarkson while he's "off for an ice cream". Just say "let's throw his car off the cliff"

Ever since I read Clarkson's Times Online review of the 197 and his other Times reviews I thought "who wants to read a page of ranting political waffle and three lines of information about the car".

Personally I don't care if VBH is not the best presenter, at least she loves the cars that people drive everyday. I've really appreciated watching 5th Gear reviews and shootouts over the years. Saxo VTS, Clio Williams, Civic Type R, Clio PH1 172 and PH2, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Megane 225, Astra VXR to name a few.

I don't watch Top Gear anymore, some of the old ones are good on Dave and the magazine is really good.

Fifth Gear gives me the information about the cars i can afford and would like to own, and TG gives me the information about the cars i can't afford and never will.

I think its great fun to watch. Sometimes they try to be too funny but sometimes they just don't try but are funny. Great waste of money but i would hate to see it go.

Mike if you don't like it, take a long walk off a short cliff :coffee:

:hug:

top gear is ok but they should test cars that cost less,cars that we would and could buy.
i for one do not care about a £250,000 car i will never own one.

top gear is ok but they should test cars that cost less,cars that we would and could buy.
i for one do not care about a £250,000 car i will never own one.

Ditto.

Super cars are fun to watch on tv but they are super expensive and are owned by very few people.

Super hatches like the Golf R, Scirroco R, Meg 250, Clio 200 are so popular these days and are amazing to drive. These sort of cars should get more coverage IMO

I'd love it if Top Gear did more of the Megane R26 vs Focus RS shoot out stuff. I'm sure there are more people out there that own a Megane RS or a Focus RS who would appreciate seeing that sort of stuff more.

If it were me in charge (LOL) I'd keep the comedy element but ditch a lot of the crap stuff and keep it focused on performance cars across a broader range. Long term tests, shoot outs from different catagories and coverage of motorsport events....

Magazines and websites do it so why can't they.

Top Gear has become an entertainment show rather than a motoring program IMO

I'd love to see more shoot outs, VXR against the 200 for example. They've not had either of those on the show or the 197 for that matter which is pretty poor. Fifth gear was great for stuff like that, I just cant stand those 2 idiot presenters and VBH makes me want to throw the telly out the window

I think most people have summed up how I feel and I'd imagine most car lovers now feel about Top Gear. We can all remember when the program gave good consumer advice through reviews on cars that we are likely to buy.

It has unfortunately started to annoy me and I think it has become boring and repeatative. Every week they do some stupid trip in some crap cars and are absolute idiots. The show comes across as the 3 of them saying, 'Lets see how far we can push it before we get the show cancelled'.

The RS Twingo going in the sea a couple of series' ago really made me mad. Some people can't afford nice little, fun, reliable and quick cars, and here they are writting one off on purpose. Total waste of licence payers money.

Bring back reviews on 'normal' cars and combine them with the occassional idiotic trip and super cars. I don't really care that Aston Martin have put a different exhaust system on a £150,000 car which makes it .000003 of a second quicker than the same model with the old exhaust!

Rant over! Lol!

i think they shud kick clarkson off and leave hammond and may to do it, hes a muppet