If it rains...

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
between now and the weekend, and you see ANY dust residue left on your car PLEASE blast the hell out of your car with a jet wash before putting a wash mitt on it....

If it is volcanic ash that has fallen with the rain (and it could well be), then this picture shows the reason it is so dangerous to planes, and car paintwork:

mcneil_volcanic_ash.jpg

AshParticleUSGSL.jpg

Nothing else that lands on your car will act like sandpaper if it is rubbed off, so you have been warned :smile:

Mike
xxxxxx

I love geology and that sort of thing, thats why some time ago, I posted about a road trip to Iceland - to go volcano and rift fault spotting :smile:

I love geology and that sort of thing, thats why some time ago, I posted about a road trip to Iceland - to go volcano and rift fault spotting

:thumbup:

Only problem with that is I think I like my 197 paint job more!

Dont know if anyone has seen the Scot on the news in relation to the flights that have been suspended. He said that planes can fly over it and under it so he cant see the problem. The problem is that the planes cant go through it lol! How can that not be understood lol!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but technically this could continue to erupt for days, weeks, months or years! There are many volcanoes which continually erupt so until the wind changes it will stay like that!

Thanks for the heads up Mike.
I'm in Scotland at the mo and it was really cloudy this morning and the sun didn't burn it off, so when we saw the news we could tell something wasn't right. But its been clear since mid afternoon so hopfully "fingers crossed" that should be the end of it!!!! :worried:
Lets get the Karcher out!!!:w00t:

Thanks for the link, just watched it and it was really interesting to see what happens because of 'a bit of dust' as everyone keeps referring to it!!

Maybe the airports should have it on the departure lounges to shut the people up who are complaining they can't fly?! :001_rolleyes:

Paul and I saw the amazing sunset tonight that it caused, which was really cool. Not looking forward to cleaning the dust off of my car though as it lives outside 24/7 :'(

Also I would make sure you wash it of straight away as I am sure it’s acidic as well, so might cause etching into the paint.

Crazy stuff isnt it! and you know most insurance companies who have insured these people on holiday that cant return to the UK, are calling it "an act of god" i.e not the airlines fault so people arnt covered

basicaly your f**ked if you abroad right now trying to get home, unless you havnt spent all that holiday dollar of course :smile:

"Act of God" surely can't apply if you are an aethiest????

Loopholes need to be found! :wink: