Drains.

What a grim job that was. :mask: Never had them on the Mk1 and Mk2 RS' I've had, or the 133.

I just did it as a maintenance job on Saturday and it turned out that my offside drain was blocked, and I had a small pond in the scuttle. Great.

Cleaned all the hair (WTF), gunk, leaves and dirt out and G101'd the lot. Sealed it all and reassembled. I'm pretty obsessive with cleaning my car, so I guess my tip is to regularly check the drains, even if you don't think they're bad.

No one likes a flooded interior. Luckily I caught mine in time.

yup, it's an awful job. Also an awful design by Renault. I did mine around 2 years ago and I plan to do them again sometime in the next few weeks.

Yup, as said, it's a terrible design. Similar to NA MX5s, if anyone's owned one of them? Just a crap design.

The offside drain is more prone to blockage, as mine was because the drain's right in the corner of the scuttle where debris gathers.

If you like the smell of four year old decomposing foliage, you'll be in your element.

I checked on mine this afternoon just to ensure they were good on my new-to-me RS 200 and sure enough, my off-side one was blocked and nearside the tube had come right up. Took a good 30 mins clearing them out and ensuring the tubes were clear.

Pretty poor design but at least the body is well galvanised

Attachments

• IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Did mine last friday along with engine bay detail - passengers side was not blocked just general gunk etc - drivers side I dont think was blocked just at the top it was covered up my cars been garaged from new by all the owners so Im sure that's helped.