Iain's LY 200T - It's gone! (Update 29/06/16)

That shift beep would do my bloody head in!

Luckily due to my car being so loud now, I can't hear my 200's beep. I'm starting to think it's broken LOL (thank god).

Iain's LY 200T - Mods! (Update 20/08/15)

Chris, all you need to do is chop the centre silencer, save your money! I'm trying to get you some video if I can get organised.

Whilst probably volume wise is 7/10ths of the one on the video, it pops and bangs just as much on up shift and down shift.

Last edited:
Chris, all you need to do is chop the centre silencer, save your money! I'm trying to get you some video if I can get organised.

Whilst probably volume wise is 7/10ths of the one on the video, it pops and bangs just as much on up shift and down shift.

I agree with you there, it's not worth £500 more than the silencer chop, although now it runs a larger diameter system so potentially able to push a bit more power.

Hi
where did you buy the bilsteins
And cabin resonater delete

The Bilsteins I imported from a friend who owns a parts company in Holland while the Euro was struggling.

The cabin resonator delete is just two rubber pipe blanks replacing the original resonator connecting pipe. I used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-...raided-/270967905450?var=&hash=item3f16f21caa 32mm is the same as the pipe diameter so I soaked them in warm water and stretched them on for a tight fit then put the original hose clips back on.

That shift beep would do my bloody head in!

Luckily due to my car being so loud now, I can't hear my 200's beep. I'm starting to think it's broken LOL (thank god).

Its fine on the road because I normally shift a couple of hundred rpm below but on track it is annoying, It's possible to disable the speaker but it disables it for low fuel and all warning sounds too :/

Hi Iain, yes agreed you'll get a few bhp probably/better flow/back pressure. I had a KTR cat back on my old 200, it was great most of the time, but a bit of a pain on the motorway. The standard 200T system sounds decent, even without the chop. Seems that some after market systems emit a similar db level as standard.

What benefits do you get with the cabin resonator delete?

I agree with you there, it's not worth £500 more than the silencer chop, although now it runs a larger diameter system so potentially able to push a bit more power.

Yes I agree guys, I will be doing the silencer chop in January I think! @Gilmos1 waiting patiently mate :smile:

Im waiting for Akrapovic :wink:

What benefits do you get with the cabin resonator delete?

It removes a little bit of wasted pipe that has to be filled whilst building boost and stops the artificial engine sound in the cabin.

Makes a little difference to the sound and not much else from my experience but for £4 it's an alright mod.

Its fine on the road because I normally shift a couple of hundred rpm below but on track it is annoying, It's possible to disable the speaker but it disables it for low fuel and all warning sounds too :/

Oh god really! That's not good.. It seems to be at least 5x louder than my 200's one too, even when my car was standard. Can a mech do some fettling in the ecu to stop it?

Do you know that you can adjust the moment when it beeps and mute it this way?

1. Go to the R.S. Monitor
2. Click "+" at the right bottom
3. Select "Car Setup" then "Shiftlight"
4. Adjust RPM value there.

If you will set it to "0" then you'll hear "beep" once you reach rev limit.

You can also adjust power steering. By default it is "N" for Normal mode and "S" for Sport and Race. I prefer power steering in "S" mode all the time.

Last edited:
1. Go to the R.S. Monitor
2. Click "+" at the right bottom
3. Select "Car Setup" then "Shiftlight"
4. Adjust RPM value there.

If you will set it to "0" then you'll hear "beep" once you reach rev limit.

You can also adjust power steering. By default it is "N" for Normal mode and "S" for Sport and Race. I prefer power steering in "S" mode all the time.

I don't seem to have that on my Trophy, the power steering option is there but nothing for the shift light

Its on mine... Perhaps because the rev limit is raised in the trophy they removed that option... I want the adjustable throttle response in mine like the trophy...

Its on mine... Perhaps because the rev limit is raised in the trophy they removed that option... I want the adjustable throttle response in mine like the trophy...

I saw the adjustable throttle map but left it in linear as I didn't really know what I was doing with it.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1