How to remove front grilles - either side of badge?

The black plastic grille inserts are looking a bit flat and could do with some cleaning, although I would prefer to do this off the car.

Is there an easy way to take the inserts out? I have had a pull on one, and it seems pretty solid?

Any hints/tips?

Thanks
Byron

The black plastic grille inserts are looking a bit flat and could do with some cleaning, although I would prefer to do this off the car.

Is there an easy way to take the inserts out? I have had a pull on one, and it seems pretty solid?

Any hints/tips?

Thanks
Byron

Good question

They'll come out without taking the bumper off.

They just need a good tug, try pulling them from the lowest part and the widest part, nearest the headlight.

Thanks. Will take another look at the weekend.

Wonder if they will break?

Ive now done it dead simple once you know how.
Big rag and big screwdiver. Put rag on bumper to protect then place driver at bottom of grill under the lip and prize up , it will pop then just move along there are three clips then it will just pull out.

I've been struggling with this too, so nervous about scratching the bumper.

Just wondering what you did to tidy them up? Any particular products etc? I was considering something like back to black but not sure whether that will be that durable, may need to be reapplied quite regularly?

Cheers,
David

Random thread bump. Ratters, I sold the car to devilDamo on here mid last year I think - I didnt ever replace or clean the grilles up but I know the new owner replaced them with new items.

You can try Gtechniq C4. It's supposed to be a permanent trim reviver. It should give you good durability. Lots of people swear by it. Personally I've not had any luck with it (mine peeled after a couple of days), although maybe it didnt cure properly.

Do some research and make your own opinion, but its probably the best option.

I've been struggling with this too, so nervous about scratching the bumper.

Just wondering what you did to tidy them up? Any particular products etc? I was considering something like back to black but not sure whether that will be that durable, may need to be reapplied quite regularly?

Cheers,
David

I done the grills and badges by taking the bumber off earlier on in the year.

car1q.jpg

Put the grills in hot soapy water over night then a cycle in the dish washer. The salt battering really cleaned them up well. Then primed and painted in Gloss black.