How to remove exhaust Manifold??

I know this should be fairly straight forward, but it seems as though getting the manifold out from where it is after its been taken of the engine could be difficult?? Anyone had any experience of taking off a manifold?? help much appreciated!! :bat:

I read somewhere (on here) that you may have to drop the subframe to manouver it out?

I want to dump the precats and have it ceramic coated, but decided im going to bide my time and lookout for a second hand mainfold so it can take as long as it needs and minimal down time for the car.

Also need this info haven't looked at mine yet but will be soon ! Why are you removing yours?

My flexi joints are knackered basically, gonna remove the exhaust and take it somewhere to be repaired hopefully. Its sounds like a rattly diesel on tickover at the moment lol:rofl:

its a very involved job taking the manifold off as the engine site so far back. as jaxx says I think its a case of dropping the axel

Just to update on this got the exhaust manifold off, it was a case of dropping the front subframe etc. not that difficult just alittle time consuming!! I would suggest to anyone else to use plenty of wd40 on all the suspension parts that need to be disconnected, as some of them were very difficult to remove!!! Even after receiving several sprays of wd40!! Manifold now back on, new issue now though, its the thread titled "car wont start"
Lol!!!

Just to update on this got the exhaust manifold off, it was a case of dropping the front subframe etc. not that difficult just alittle time consuming!! I would suggest to anyone else to use plenty of wd40 on all the suspension parts that need to be disconnected, as some of them were very difficult to remove!!! Even after receiving several sprays of wd40!! Manifold now back on, new issue now though, its the thread titled "car wont start"
Lol!!!

how long it take ya fella?

wanting to try my other manifold but if its pants swap it back over!

how long it take ya fella?

wanting to try my other manifold but if its pants swap it back over!

Depends on whether or not you have a lift?? If you have a lift I would allow a couple of hours to remove and refit your manifold/subframe etc. If you dont have a lift then it will be longer!!much longer lol