How does the clio 200 compare?

**** MPG and **** straight line performance. As people said here - the 200 is so freaking awesome you won't regret getting it, awesome value for money and a brilliant, brilliant car.

I was just going to say what everybody else above has said, but i will add that even though you have alot of average speed cameras, you don't need to go fast round bends to the get fun out of the Clio's handling, it comes natural.

What they all said:smile:

I've had my 200 for around three weeks and love it. I had a 197 for two and half years before that. I really hope they have a Clio 210/220 ready in a few years time because I can't see myself driving any other hot hatch.

Once you have owned a Renaultsport Clio everything else is just so bland.

Chris197's comment is so true.

When you come out of the supermarket, or work, or the gym or where ever you are the 200 stands out every single time.

As for the way it drives, well im not telling. I am just going to tell you bury your foot into the carpet in 1st 2nd 3rd and find the twistiest road you can.

Oh, and try not to let on to the salesman that you like it that much because it may hinder the negotiations you are going to have.

Word of warning !

The 200 is a fantastic car - but you need to be able to use it.

Not a reference to your driving skills - more about your journey to work etc.

I have a 15 mile a-b road commute which is great - 6 miles in a town and the car would be less attractive (to me anyway).

As for 80 mile round trip to g/f - there must be alternative routes avoiding avg speed cameras :wink:

Yep I can vouch for that. Bought mine when I used to have a good journey to work. Now its to the train station and back 5 miles away. All at 30 mph in traffic looking at the shocking fuel consumption and under 3.5k revs its boring like a normal car :worried: can't bring myself to change tho cuz it stands out amongst boring cr*p in the carpark and doesn't fail to make u smile when you take it for a proper drive. I worry that I neglect mine sometimes sitting in a carpark...it needs to be driven really

Keep the girlfriend, find a better route to hers you'll love it! :biggrin:

Clio 200 cup first impressions - Handles like it's on proverbial rails

My new 200 cup has finally run in - Newton my man you need to rewrite the laws of physics, the way this thing corners begars belief.

I had an old 205gti many moons ago and some journalists have seen parallells between the two. There are many - the 205 felt as if you were doing 120 when yoy're doing 70, tick. The 205 needed caning and would willingly cock a leg, tick. Wild unpredictable lift off oversteer.....erm thankfully no. I have not come close to it's limit's yet. The one outstanding difference between it and old school hot hatches is it's wet weather behaviour. The old Pug was a jittery little b*****d in the wet and would handle like an office chair on castors given any downpour. The 200 just sticks - not like a japanese Scubabushi FK-U fourmillion ninjablade mars bar, but at least it feels planted and secure - Old school hatches felt like someone'd replaced your chasis with a Tesco shoping cart's.

Anyway this forum is about modern cars. The RS is twice the price. That they are mentioned in the same breath is a huge testament to Renaultsport. There are no real bad cars anymore and finding a perceivable difference between similar powered new cars whilst driving on the road is something that's best left to personal preference. Drive all your choices. Then drive them again. Then choose the 200 cup. There are others and you probably would not regret any of them - but the little 200 is a revelation.

One final note - it may corner like something George Stephenson would be proud of but it rides like something Fred Flintstone built. The ride is rock solid. You start to notice every undulation, pothole and bump and dont mention bloody speed bumps. The car really does even out at speed - but you need to be going at a fair ilk.You forgive it all though for the way it simply mesmerises you when you nail it.

A question to forum members - My car tends to follow road cambers pretty badly - on downhill motorway's in particular I have to counteract with a fair bit of opposite steering. I have been told by the dealer that this is normal - what are your experiences ladies and gentlemen? Another local 200cup owner says he hasn't noticed any pulling to the left. My car seems to even out rather than pull right, when driving on the other side of the road - where the camber is to the opposite side - though for obvious reasons I cant maintain this foreign driving test too long.

What they all said:smile:

I've had my 200 for around three weeks and love it. I had a 197 for two and half years before that. I really hope they have a Clio 210/220 ready in a few years time because I can't see myself driving any other hot hatch.

Once you have owned a Renaultsport Clio everything else is just so bland.

aparently the clio cup race cars are using a new engine called the 205 :thumbup1:

hopefully this will be in the next clio, hopefully more torque low down even though the 200 torque curve is a massive improvement over the 197s