How do you know a car salesmans lying?

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
His lips move. :rofl:

My car was supposed to be in chesterfield today for me to collect tomorrow, rang up today to see as all was ok and the guy i was dealing with has a day off.

So another guy says he'll call him to see what the state of play is, an hour later nothing.

When i did get in touch, about two hours later i was told the car had failed the MOT on a 'drop link' and they'd had the wrong part delivered and were waiting on another to arrive. it'll be here about three i'll call you to let you know whats happening.

I agreed to have the car last friday, leaving a deposit on it, why have they waited until today to MOT the car?

Sorry, rant over, i do feel a little better. ;/

Just had one of the managers on the phone apologising and trying to make out the car was MOT earlier in the week but the part was on back order until i pointed out to him that the salesman had allready told me it had failed today.

I also told him it's possible to find out MOT info online now and it'll all be online.

It's going to be saturday now at half ten but i can have my deposit back if i want.

Almost like the one that ordered tyres for my old car, then sold two of them.

Got to love stealers :wink:

because he's a car salesman, or salesmen full stop wouldn't it be refreshing if every now and then they would tell you the truth. I'm sure there are sales guys on here who would say that they are completely honest, if they do that's a lie.
my brother and dad are salesmen, and they would have you believe they are the most honest straight upright citizens going. liars, they'd sell my mum for a sale, or them few points for the weekend golfing in Portugal.

You've got nothing to lose! Ask for 12, they'll say no and probably offer you 6. That's what happened when I got mine :smile:

They are trying to say now that the cup drop link is different to a normal 197, anyone know if this is true?

I asked if they'd email me the failure sheet and he said yes, i'll put it in the car for you.

He'd make a bloody good politician.

no its not different on a cup dialogys doesn't ask for suspension/spec when picking a drop link ( i'm sure the roll bar is not different either) the springs and struts / steering rack are all different on a cup

Twingogeekeo sorted it out, all the same.

Another one for the car salesman :rofl:

Cheers.

Well just had a call to say car is. . . . . . . . . . . . ready to rock and roll.

17 hours to go :bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:

I tried not to sound too excited on the phone :smiley:

Sorry no pics from today. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . been too busy driving it

:bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:

I feel a lot better now i have it :thumbup:

Managed to get some pics today

dirty_filthy_mouldy008.jpg

dirty_filthy_mouldy011.jpg

The real reason i took some pics, it was suposed to have been valeted, when i had a test drive in it there was a few specs of mould on the rear seats and a womans house sock behind the seat belt, i pointed this out to him but i think they just wiped it down with a damp cloth.

Lifted the rear seats up today to be confronted with this. . .

dirty_filthy_mouldy006.jpg

If they'd have lifted the seats properly, they'd have found the £1.10 under there. . .

dirty_filthy_mouldy007.jpg

im sure i have seen this car in the teesside area, plates suggest's it was registered up here too

It was registed to someone in whitby so your right with the area.

There was a car park pass in the glovebox for the whitby gazette so he could have worked there, the name on the log book was david cho.

Googling that name and whitby made me laugh, he won a bowling competition, can't be many david cho's in whitby, must be him :rofl: